When the Twist adapter releases for EU question

Moderator: AdminGroup

flashben

When the Twist adapter releases for EU question

Postby flashben » Fri Jan 04, 2019 18:36

Hi,

Im wondering if we're gonna see, both the MCG Rev.A and B twist adapter at the same time for availability in the EU store when it comes out.
Is that a possibility?

AeroGator

Re: When the Twist adapter releases for EU question

Postby AeroGator » Tue Jan 15, 2019 14:57

We are working on releasing the twists asap.
Thank you for the question, I will pop it before the production dept., so if there is a feasible chance to bring the twists to Europe at the same time, we will try to do it.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Joker

Postby Joker » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:32

Hi, I hope that the twist adapter come to EU with the grip and the kit to convert a Gunfighter MkII in a MCG Pro....
Can You confirm this?
It's possible to preorder it?

blackram

Postby blackram » Sun Feb 10, 2019 21:02

Why on earth would anyone want twist adaptor for pro joystick with metal gimbal mechanism and custom grip. "Serious" simmer would buy pedals for rudder and Gunfighter. Otherwise just use regular Gladiator and twist and be happy.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 0:24

Joker wrote:Hi, I hope that the twist adapter come to EU with the grip and the kit to convert a Gunfighter MkII in a MCG Pro....
Can You confirm this?
It's possible to preorder it?

Hi Joker,
When it is available (means produced and officially released by HQ) we will definitely have the adaptor in EU store. Actually I expect it to have it in stock at the same time with the other markets. So, let's wait for official announcement, unfortunately I do not have any concrete dates.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Tue Feb 12, 2019 0:03

blackram wrote:Why on earth would anyone want twist adaptor for pro joystick with metal gimbal mechanism and custom grip. "Serious" simmer would buy pedals for rudder and Gunfighter. Otherwise just use regular Gladiator and twist and be happy.

Why on earth do some posters think that they speak for everybody?

Have excellent metal gimbal (gunfighter mk ii). Have excellent pedals (slaw vipers). I will buy twist adapter for MCG pro day one that I can. And I'm serious enogh I'm converting a car seat to my pilot chair complete with electronics, all sorts of voltage monitor screens, planning a button box, etc.

Stop speaking for me. No one tells you you have to have twist. Stop telling me I can't.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

blackram

Postby blackram » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02

First of all I never replied to you in any topic. Secondly, If I knew some will get so upset as you - I would never post that. Keep calm and enjoy your hardware. Better would be to explain why do you need twist with Gunfighter. In a calm and informative manner.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Tue Feb 12, 2019 16:04

Now you're assuming I'm upset. I'm perplexed, perhaps that people make absolutist statements and then ask anyone who pushes back to explain themselves. You did not reply to me personally, but you did reply that anyone who is my position simply does not want twist, which is untrue, and if left standing distorts VKB's market perception, potentially.

Why are you still the one who gets to make the decision as to what's right and everyone else has to explain? Perhaps consider that the fault is not someone else's emotion or value judgements, but your own absolutism. My disagreement is with that.

But if you really need an explanation because in your "serious" simmer world there is no room for deviation, fine. I want twist because:

• I trust VKB will implement it in a highly effective way that must be actuated on purpose, so there is little risk of axis mixing with X and Y (they've already indicated it will be lockable if one wishes to disable entirely for a period of time),
  • because I already have and like the MCG-Pro for right hand on the Gunfighter Mk II base, the grip has more controls than the Kosmosima including a brake lever axis, as nice as the Kosmo appears to be (and as much as I'm still seriously considering it for a left hand option)
  • while I consider myself serious about gaming I'm not just one type of simmer playing one type of aircraft, more axis is always better for choice and future. (I reject the notion that a "serious simmer" is only ever going to build one cockpit, slavishly imitating one plane, forever)
  • just because I do have room for and desire to incorporate pedals and a fixed mounting approach for sticks does not mean I don't want twist - your association of twist and 'desktop' use (Gladiator) is another false correlation

This 'twist sucks pedals only for high quality' mantra (not a direct quote but very close to what you implied) gets repeated too often, and it's just ... shortsighted, perhaps because really high quality twist itself has not been implemented previously. It's one solution, not the only option someone "serious" should ever consider.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!

blackram

Postby blackram » Tue Feb 12, 2019 18:44

Still I dont get you. Im simming for over 30 yeras now, I have used twist stick for years and changed 4 sets of pedals. Never, in a wildest dreams, twist can be more precise or more convenient or better for any kind of rudder input, than rudder pedals.
Simple as that. All I wanted to hear is why would anybody who can afford pedals use twist on the stick.
With that said Im not claiming I was a bad virtual pilot with the twist.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Tue Feb 12, 2019 19:37

Why are you assuming that the twist would only be used for rudder input? if I have the choice of twist and rudders I may choose to use the twist for something else that I need simultaneous with foot pedal operation. For example combining steering with turret traverse or torso traverse in a mech type game. Or as a head look axis input of some sort.

Bottom line is just because one does not have a gladiator and does have an option for pedals, does not mean one does not also want twist... which was the only point I was trying to make. I simply want as many axes as I can realistically get and I'll figure out all sorts of mapping options.

(I'm also very curious about the guys working on the 6dof single hand control, and on the record of wanting some sort of a rock or twist function out of a throttle grip if I could get it too.)

blackram

Postby blackram » Tue Feb 12, 2019 23:09

I finally got my answer. And this could be said in the first post without feeling insulted. There wasnt an intention of any kind to inslut anyone.
good day

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Wed Feb 13, 2019 15:21

I was never insulted, I simply disagreed strongly. I see the whole "twist sucks, pedals excel" debate over and over here, at reddit/r/hotas, and other gaming sites, and I finally just wanted to say something.

If I insulted you in turn (and I don't believe I did, although I did characterize your opinion as 'absolutist' which might in hindsight not be fair), then you have my sincere apology as well. But I am glad you understand my answer. (No, I don't expect you to agree - the whole point is we can have our own opinion - I'm just happy if it is understood that some want the different options.)

aniron

Postby aniron » Thu Feb 14, 2019 0:15

blackram wrote:Why on earth would anyone want twist adaptor for pro joystick with metal gimbal mechanism and custom grip. "Serious" simmer would buy pedals for rudder and Gunfighter. Otherwise just use regular Gladiator and twist and be happy.

Some people don't have full use of their legs.

Some people play space sims and simply want more axes.

Some people don't have the floor space to dedicate - or they do racing sims on the same machine and have the spot occupied by car-style pedals.

I for one use pedals, but will probably use the twist on my SGC-L when it arrives over the toe brake axes for heave control.

Straubinger82

Postby Straubinger82 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 13:32

And some may want to have the Gladiatior-Pro-Base (because of buttons) combined withe a MSG (because of buttons too) with twist as a "complete tabletop-solution" without pedals at all :)

Joker

Postby Joker » Fri Feb 15, 2019 17:11

Straubinger82 wrote:And some may want to have the Gladiatior-Pro-Base (because of buttons) combined withe a MSG (because of buttons too) with twist as a "complete tabletop-solution" without pedals at all :)

Exactly! At the moment my postation don't allow me to have pedals under the desk. I have VKB Pedals but I simply can't use them at the moment, until I will have another room so I wanna try to maximise what I have...and what I have at the moment is an old X52 Pro that I must use because of the twist on the stick to control the rudder and a Gladiator MKII that I could use only when I fly WWII warbirds because of the lack of control on the stick (leave the base...hat switch are needed...).
So I simply want to maximise what I have now...and the MCG Pro Grip with the adaptor for the Gladiator MKII and the twist adapter are the way I will get it.
When I will have the place...the pedals wil come back and I will buy a Gunfighter base and I will be at the top :)
Forgive me for my bad English.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”