When the Twist adapter releases for EU question

Moderator: AdminGroup

blackram

Re: When the Twist adapter releases for EU question

Postby blackram » Fri Feb 15, 2019 18:55

aniron wrote:
blackram wrote:Why on earth would anyone want twist adaptor for pro joystick with metal gimbal mechanism and custom grip. "Serious" simmer would buy pedals for rudder and Gunfighter. Otherwise just use regular Gladiator and twist and be happy.

Some people don't have full use of their legs.

Some people play space sims and simply want more axes.

Some people don't have the floor space to dedicate - or they do racing sims on the same machine and have the spot occupied by car-style pedals.

I for one use pedals, but will probably use the twist on my SGC-L when it arrives over the toe brake axes for heave control.

Thanks for explanation.

Finstern

Postby Finstern » Thu Feb 21, 2019 21:05

And some like me don't really like pedals and love the "your hand = your spaceship" feeling, that you turn in all axis = your ship turn in the corresponding axis.
As simple as that.

I thank you rtrski for your answer, that was way better than any answer I would have done .. I'm, too, totally feed up with people liking something and telling other that they are wrong they should make the same choice as them.
Play the way you want and let other people play the way they want, seriously everybody, stop this non sense about pedals versus twist stick ..
If somone ASK advices about what would be cool, yeah sure you can give your opinion (and you can give it in a respectuous way without implying all other choices are shit), but nobody asked for opinion here : we have been waiting for this twist adaptator for more than a year now and are just impatient to get it. That's all.
Nobody want to have somone tell them "your choice is crap, do this do that don't do this" .. we are perfectly apt to make our own choices and have opinion about what is best for us.
Weither we are "serious simmer or not" is totally irrelevant, as somone summarized above, there are many reasons to favor one option or another.

If you were just curious blackram, you could have asked for thoses reasons in a respectious way without implying that we are not serious or whatever, that was uncalled for and that's the reason why people may feel angry .. or feed up because as rtrski said above, it's so recurent that in the end it feel like bullying.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:58

Okay let's not overdo the angst. I suspect maybe this subject has run its course....
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”