December'18 batch

Moderator: AdminGroup

Finstern

Re: December'18 batch

Postby Finstern » Thu Nov 22, 2018 13:33

blackram wrote:What are you talking about. A good rudder pedals are much more precise than any twist joystick, which is btw unnatural to use. I dont know how it is with space sims, maybe they are specific, but generally a good rudder pedals are much more precise.

That's the point :
I dont know how it is with space sims

It's really not flying like atmospheric aircraft, now each one his taste of course, but when you have a 6 degree of liberty .. having straff and rotation in all directions, thing feel different.
Most people I talked about that felt like me : having a joystick Z twist feel way more natural because you turn your hand on the joystick like it was the spaceship.

I agree that pedals feel better on airship, but as I'm mainly wanting to play star citizen, that's not my concern, and thus a lot of us space simmers want to have their hand on a quality z twist joystick.

RN_Max

Postby RN_Max » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:19

In a less eloquent response ... I want a twist axis on my stick and don't give a rat's ass for blah blah blah about pedals.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:21

RN_Max wrote:In a less eloquent response ... I want a twist axis on my stick and don't give a rat's ass for blah blah blah about pedals.

Understandable position.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

aniron

Postby aniron » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:49

Finstern wrote:
blackram wrote:What are you talking about. A good rudder pedals are much more precise than any twist joystick, which is btw unnatural to use. I dont know how it is with space sims, maybe they are specific, but generally a good rudder pedals are much more precise.

That's the point :
I dont know how it is with space sims

It's really not flying like atmospheric aircraft, now each one his taste of course, but when you have a 6 degree of liberty .. having straff and rotation in all directions, thing feel different.
Most people I talked about that felt like me : having a joystick Z twist feel way more natural because you turn your hand on the joystick like it was the spaceship.

I agree that pedals feel better on airship, but as I'm mainly wanting to play star citizen, that's not my concern, and thus a lot of us space simmers want to have their hand on a quality z twist joystick.

Not that the plan is for SC to have an atmospheric, lift/VTOL-centric flight model as well, for use on moons/planets with thick enough atmospheres.

I for one love using my pedals for SC, they provide me two degrees of freedom (roll and heave) between the main axis and toe brakes, without straining my wrists.

blackram

Postby blackram » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:03

Eduard, pls I need you to respond on my PM.

thanks

Horizon

Postby Horizon » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:25

Is there any way to reserve an MCG with Russian markings, and a base for it, in the United States?

Currently the European store cannot process orders to the United States because the country isn't listed in the available countries under that category of the form, the North American store has been out with no resupply or reservation options or updates, and AliExpress has only grips, but no bases.

Is there another website where I can buy?
Thank you!

blackram

Postby blackram » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:26

When we gonna be able to order pedals? It was said this month.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Mon Dec 17, 2018 15:40

I think a lot of it is both overall seating setup, and training. I bought good pedals (Slaws). I have just completed a cockpit seat and mount for them that holds them stable in the correct position for me. I have never used pedals before, nor flown a real plane. I am struggling, hard to learn.

Most people aren't used to any sort of "steering" with their feet, in real life. Start/stop, clutch engage/disengage, sure. The last time I can remember using my feet for any sort of steering was sledding as a child. (Never surfed or sailboarded either, that might've been another opportunity to develop that set of muscle-direction skills...)

Logically I can see rudders provide a much larger pivot and lever and should have the potential of more precision than a small twist arc that is tied to two other axes. Physically...I can fully understand the continued twist vs. rudder debate. Twist requires no additional "installation" than a joystick to begin with, in terms of use (regular rolling swiveling office chair no problem). And still want to add twist myself even though I already sprang for the best looking pedals I could find because I'm just that way. ;-)
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

blackram

Postby blackram » Mon Dec 17, 2018 17:54

Well yes. Same with any other gear. I needed 2 weeks for pedals and TrackIR but now both improved my skill and experience on large. Pedals have much finer adjustments and inputs than twist on joystick and TiR is just superior to hatswitch.

PhoenixCNE

Postby PhoenixCNE » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:26

Find a job running a skid loader for a bit :) you will get used to using feet for controls fast lol. It will all come together though for sure and be second nature in no time, its surprising how intuitive it is really.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:55

Hi guys,

T-Rudder pedals will be in stock in mid-January (cargo is on its way)
Gunfighter reservations will be started to be fulfilled in early February (production run for EU is on-going and units are currently passing QC).

We plan to receive Gunfighters in two shipments so they will be shipped to customers in the order of reservation - first reserved, first out.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

Mca

Postby Mca » Wed Dec 26, 2018 13:42

That’s a pity. US and Ali have stock now and for EU it was said sticks would be shipped mid Jan. Why another month delay?

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Fri Dec 28, 2018 17:44

Mca wrote:That’s a pity. US and Ali have stock now and for EU it was said sticks would be shipped mid Jan. Why another month delay?
Hello Mca,
We ship from our wharehouse in the Netherlands and therefore need to get the cargo first. The cargo is sent via ocean to us and it takes about a month all in all to get the items in stock.

For North America and for Aliexpress customers the items are shipped directly from our factory warehouse as soon as the first item passed QC. For EU the items have to
1. Get produced and tested in EU quota amount
2. Be shipped over the ocean to save on shipping and handling cost
3. Get cleared through NL Custom Office

Hence, we have some lag in availability :(
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:36

Lisa-Azra wrote:Hi E,

What is the news on the VKB throttle, Is there one available? If not any news on a release date?
Many thanks
LA

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2880&p=32931&hilit=tecs#p32931

lethak

Postby lethak » Mon Dec 31, 2018 21:17

Do you plan on making the SCG available with the gunfighter MK2 bundle ? (EDIT: its done)

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”