December'18 batch

Moderator: AdminGroup

Eduard VKB FSC

December'18 batch

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Wed Oct 24, 2018 0:50

Hello all,

VKB manufacturing department has confirmed to us the next shipment for EU market.

We expect to get much bigger amount of Gunfighter Mk.II and T-Rudder Mk.IV than we got earlier and I hope to have it in permanent stock or at least to keep it for longer period available. To let people to reserve Gunfighter Mk.II earlier the reservation is enabled for this product and it is possible to reserve it since today. Please, note that we do not charge any customer upfront.

https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/gunfighter-mk-ii/

It will be three variants of Gunfighter Mk.II flightsticks available: MCG Pro EN, MCG Std RU, KG12.

Current ETA is December but due to Christmas holidays, I believe that it is likely to have it in stock in January, therefore, current availability date for Gunfighter Mk.II is January, 10th.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

Gutser

Re: December'18 batch

Postby Gutser » Wed Oct 24, 2018 14:09

Ooh by the love of the Gods. May is it possible to give us an update on the TWIST? I realy realy want to reserv a Gunfighter but it makes no sense for my without any TWIST concrete confirmation.

blackram

Postby blackram » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:18

Eduard, Will it be possible to order MK4 pedals with shippment in december? You mentioned that earlier in your posts.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Oct 29, 2018 16:02

Hello blackram,
There is no reservation is possible for Mk.IV pedals. We are expecting enough pedals sets to arrive in December batch. And it is much less complex product than MCG or Gunfighter, therefore, it is quite likely to have them in stock in January and, hopefully, for permanent stock.

Gutser wrote:Ooh by the love of the Gods. May is it possible to give us an update on the TWIST? I realy realy want to reserv a Gunfighter but it makes no sense for my without any TWIST concrete confirmation.

Hello Gutser,
I am sorry, I do not have any inside information about twist adaptor. Also, the date we announced for Gunfighter availability (January, 10th) is approximate. The production run is started but it is difficult to predict when exactly it will be fully completed and tested. With regards of the twist adaptor - I do not expect to have it in next shipment. So, I would propose to not reserve a Gunfighter until twist adaptor is announced.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

Gutser

Postby Gutser » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:53

Thx for the information. ... May you have some information about the new space flight stick with Twist? Would be an alternative until the Twist Modul comes up. I realy want a quality stick from you (the Cobra is nice but always get broken after some time). I dont want to wait anymore :/
Last edited by Gutser on Tue Oct 30, 2018 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

blackram

Postby blackram » Tue Oct 30, 2018 15:40

Eduard VKB FSC wrote:
blackram wrote:Eduard, Will it be possible to order MK4 pedals with shippment in december? You mentioned that earlier in your posts.

Hello blackram,
There is no reservation is possible for Mk.IV pedals. We are expecting enough pedals sets to arrive in December batch. And it is much less complex product than MCG or Gunfighter, therefore, it is quite likely to have them in stock in January and, hopefully, for permanent stock.

Pitty. Well at least its not that far away. Luckilly I have borrowed a pair of CH pedals until I buy the VKBs.

Gutser wrote:Thx for Thema information. ... May you have some information about the new space flight stick with Twist? Would be an alternative until the Twist Modul comes up. I realy want a quality stick from you (the Cobra is nice but always get broken after some time). I dont want to wait anymore :/

Twist stick finction for rudder is really an horrible idea for flight sims.

Gutser

Postby Gutser » Tue Oct 30, 2018 17:59

You never play PvP in space sim, do you? If yes, it must me frustrating for you.

blackram

Postby blackram » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:07

Nah...space only in TV series...I play ww2 combat sims...

Gutser

Postby Gutser » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:29

If you want to feel "The Expanse", play Elite Dangerous. Give it a try, especially now. Just look at the last live stream for the next update. There is noe game where mining in asteroid-rings is so satisfying. But when it comes to PvP, you need the joystick-twist. It is far more precise when it comes to aiming and your manoeuvring is way faster. Money for pedals is not my problem here ^^ it is the way you handle a space ship.

LukasB

Postby LukasB » Fri Nov 02, 2018 20:55

I'm sorry, the question will probably annoy you, but can you at least confirm if the twist is coming in 2019? Because if I have to wait 2 or more years for twist, I'd rather buy the rudders even though I do not like rudders ...

Seb71

Postby Seb71 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:42

I can't answer the question about the twist adapter availability, but if rudder pedals are an alternative option, go for it. Much better than any twist can possibly be.

Finstern

Postby Finstern » Sun Nov 04, 2018 19:28

Don't .. Just don't spend hard money for rudder pedals if you intend to play spacesim.
This is really good for atmospheric airplanes or helicopters, old planes or modern ones but not for spaceships.
If you still wonder : by any means .. try it for real, friend, simulation con or whatever, but find somone with star citizen or elite dangerous configured with rudder pedals and twist joystick. Then, see by yourself : day and night.

Sorry people I don't want to look like a douchbag, but appart from some rares people (usually already used to pedals controls), most space pilotes around will favor a twist joystick because of precision and intuitivity : twist joy just let your hand twist in any direction as if it was the spaceship. That's a pure relief for your brain, no adaptation, no learning, no concentration requiered for this task, the learning curve is almost instant and the precision is unmatched in this specific case.
I don't mean that pedals are bad, just that they are better suited for planes or helicopters.
Even irl actual space modules use twist joystick.

(sorry for bad english)

blackram

Postby blackram » Mon Nov 05, 2018 18:54

What are you talking about. A good rudder pedals are much more precise than any twist joystick, which is btw unnatural to use. I dont know how it is with space sims, maybe they are specific, but generally a good rudder pedals are much more precise.

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:18

My 2cents, I have been flying Elite for almost 3000hrs now and I run flight training in flight assist off for CMDRs who wish to get gud. I recommend rudder pedals due to seperation of axis, but this comes with a caveat due to there being not many good joysticks on the market with high quality twist and thus my recommendation stands until I can be convinced otherwise.

I am participating in the annual PvP tournament and have won the first fight of the season, so assume I know a little something about flight / combat and PvP

Lisa-Azra

Postby Lisa-Azra » Wed Nov 21, 2018 17:31

Hi E,

What is the news on the VKB throttle, Is there one available? If not any news on a release date?
Many thanks
LA

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”