Gunfighter not calibrated

Moderator: AdminGroup

pavsko

Gunfighter not calibrated

Postby pavsko » Thu May 31, 2018 11:58

Every time I start PC, my Gunfighter (rev. B) is not calibrated (pitch and roll movements have only half of the range). I can see it in the Control panel - Device and Printers - VKB.
I have to unplug the device and plug it in again. Then calibration is OK. It is annoying to do it every time I start PC... Is there any solution how to keep Gunfighter calibrated?

Note: I have 1-year-old hi-end PC with Windows 10 (all upgrades installed). Gunfighter is plugged into USB 3.0 port.

kingmaddog

Re: Gunfighter not calibrated

Postby kingmaddog » Thu May 31, 2018 14:30

I have got the same problem, tough it was my pc ... But since you have got the same issue... Probably an product issue/ driver issue

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Thu May 31, 2018 14:33

What about USB 2.0?
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Drano

Postby Drano » Thu May 31, 2018 17:14

Just wondering since you haven't said you'd done this first.... Have you tried calibrating with the vkb software? You can use either vkb device config or wizzo. It's an important step! All I've read says to NOT USE WINDOWS to config the stick. I just guessing that's what you're trying to do. You might not even get THAT far if you haven't updated the firmware which is another important first step. Firmware is different because of the modularity of the bases. Gotta have the right one installed for your particular combination of base and grip otherwise even the vkb software won't "see" the stick right.

These sticks are quite advanced and have features most sticks don't. Definitely NOT just a plug and play kind variety we've been used to. But that's a good thing and once you get it set up you'll agree a thousand percent. Download the software, download and read the manual. All available on the vkb downloads page. All the info you need to get set up is there. Unfortunately there really isn't an easy mode for this.

BTW I'm just a stick owner, not a VKB guy but I'm glad to help.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

Drano

Postby Drano » Thu May 31, 2018 17:56

Cut and paste from one of my other posts. This oughta help :

So you FINALLY got your new VKB Gunfighter! Excellent! Now what?

Once you've assembled the stick as per the quick start guide you're ready to plug in. Before you do that you should download the latest firmware for the stick. There are several as there are several possible combinations of base and grip. Make sure you're grabbing the correct one for your base and grip. Don't confuse Gunfighter with Gladiator or KG12 with MCG. Also download the latest versions of both VKBDevConfig and ZBootloader software from the links in Victorious' post just ahead of this one. Unzip all of those files into a common folder. I put one on my desktop named VKB. Shocking I know! :wink:

OK NOW you can plug in the stick. No special drivers are needed. Windows will find it just fine. But wait---it's not ready to use just yet.

Run VKBDevconfig. in the upper pane click on whatever stick shows up there. It'll be a gunfighter with a factory firmware. THIS ISN'T GONNA WORK FOR YOU so go through the next few steps. On the "Tools" tab click "Default". Then click "Set". Now go through a calibration. Before you begin, on the MCGs, flip the folding trigger up, then down, then squeeze the trigger and let it go to it's neutral position. To start calibration, on the "Tools" tab, click "Start Calibr". You won't get any prompts other than the black box will begin flashing. The procedure for the MCG-Pro (that I have) is:

Move through pitch and roll axii.
Move Master mode (upper middle hat) through it's full range.
Move Gate Control (ministick) through it's full range.
Squeeze brake lever fully and release.
On MCG again, fold trigger up, then down, then full squeeze then let go.
Click "End Calibr"

The stick should now restart with steady lights. Almost there!!

OK NOW your stick is ready to have the proper firmware flashed to it. You should have that firmware in the folder along with your other VKB software. With Devconfig running, on the Tools tab, click "Bootloader". Devconfig should exit. Make wure that it IS CLOSED before proceeding with the flash. Run ZBootloader. You should have a green light saying "boot device detected-OK". Click the button to browse to the new firmware. Once you've selected it, click "flash it". Now the flashing process will begin--only takes a few secs. On my machine it'll get almost through and hang with a "not responding" error. Just close bootloader, it's fine. If Devconfig tries to run close it too. Once both programs are closed, run Devconfig,

OK in the upper pane the new firmware should now be showing with the correct stick setup. Click on that. The buttons will light up. I hate to tell ya this but you're gonna have to go through the process of Defaulting the stick and then re-calibrating as described above. This is SOP every time you might update the firmware. it seems like a lot but once you've done it a couple of times it's no big deal. Once you've done this your stick is at it's base profile. I saved this profile so that I could load it later if need be. Might be a good idea. On the "action" tab click "save". A dialog will come up asking for a name and location. Save the profile to the VKB folder.

All righty then! Your new stick is all ready to be programmed! That didn't hurt a bit did it? Well just wait til you start reading the programming guide for VKBDevconfig!! The latest one is only like 117 pages long! The link to that is also in Victorious' post above. Prepare to go cross eyed reading this. It's not easy to grasp but once you start to get the hang of it you'll see it's really comprehensive. This stick will do stuff I'd have never thought of!

Hope this helps and sorry if I missed something but I think I got it all.
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

pavsko

Postby pavsko » Thu May 31, 2018 20:22

@Drano: Thanks very much! (I did not know about VKB SW)
I run Start calibration button on the Tools tab and then Set button on the Action tab.
The problem seems to be solved now. When I start PC now, Gunfighter' axis are calibrated correctly.

Drano

Postby Drano » Thu May 31, 2018 21:46

Excellent! There's no denying it's kind of a pain to set up, but once you've done it a couple of times it's not a big deal. Glad you got going. Just wait til you start wading into the programming! You're gonna love it!
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2