Twist Adapter for Gunfighter/MCG

Moderator: AdminGroup

aklambda

Re: Twist Adapter for Gunfighter/MCG

Postby aklambda » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:40

Thank you for the update. Especially the confirmation about working on the Kosmosima.

I, and many more I reckon, are eagerly awaiting your new products. I come to this forum almost daily and I do appreciate a short "We are still working on it". Just gives me more confidence and patience in waiting for the Twist for my Gunfighter and the Kosmosima for my left hand ;)

RN_Max

Postby RN_Max » Fri Nov 30, 2018 23:15

Thanks for the update Gator, appreciated as always.

RN_Max

Postby RN_Max » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:18

It is particularly annoying that the Kosmosina will arrive before the MCG twist adaptor, especially considering how many of us have invested in GF2/MCG combos early last year and are still waiting for that adaptor.

Personally I might have not bought the MCG at all if I knew the Kosmosina would arrive first with twist.

solomonisleboy

Postby solomonisleboy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 0:44

While I'm excited about the Kosmosima to be released soon, I too am frustrated that the MCG twist still hasn't been released before it. I also would likely have held off on the MCG PRO if I had realized the Kosmosima would have released before the MCG twist adapter.

I've been flying with the KG12 on a Gladiator on the left hand and a MCG Pro without twist on the right. Having to use pedals for the past 6 or 8 months for the 6th axis has been... frustrating. I know, first world problem, right!?

The same frustration looks like it may apply for the adapter to make the Kosmosima and MCG compatible with the Gladiator non-pro base. I intend to get a left-handed Kosmosima ASAP to replace my KG12 grip, but even that will be completely useless to me without the upgrade lite kit to adapt the Gladiator non-pro base to the new Kosmosima grip.

Is the throttle coming before the Gladiator non-pro grip upgrade lite kit? Or will the Kosmosima be able to ship paired with the upgrade lite kit? That would be SUPERB if it could!

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:08

solomonisleboy wrote:The same frustration looks like it may apply for the adapter to make the Kosmosima and MCG compatible with the Gladiator non-pro base

Frustration?
I in full honesty think it is a miracle that a manufacturer even just considers making their newest products compatible with previous generations ones.
I replied to you in another thread.
In a word: plans to make such adapter are still in force, but there is no definite time set for it.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

solomonisleboy

Postby solomonisleboy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 19:07

Hey @AeroGator,
I truly appreciate your time and communication! And all the hard work that goes into these products! I should also mention, I do really enjoy my Gladiator with KG12 and my Gunfighter with MCG Pro. I also thoroughly enjoy the customizable nature of the VKBConfig software. Basically I recommend VKB to all my flight sim/space sim friends. I'm very much a fan of VKB and want only the best success for the company and your products! So please consider any "frustration" or questions to be from a friend looking for the company to succeed!

That said, it is frustrating to attempt to fly with no twist on the MCGPro when I am soooo used to having twist on both sicks of my dual-stick setup. It's not anything life altering obviously! Just a personal preference.
I'm glad the twist adapter is still in the works and is a high priority still, because I'm really looking forward to having twist back on my right hand (I used to use a T16000m)!

I really appreciate VKB taking on this goal of backwards compatibility in answer to letters from their users. That said, I think at this stage this is a matter of expectations. Before VKB said they would do this backwards compatibility in a modular way, I would not have expected that they would make new products compatible with the old base. However, once the Upgrade Kit Lite was publicized, customer expectations were set to look for that adaptability.

That said, I see your point that it is an extra VKB has taken on in response to customer requests! Thank you all for being willing to take it on!

I had personally hoped to upgrade my Gladiator non-pro with the metal gimbal upgrade kit to make it a Gladiator pro once the Kosmosima came out, but I haven't seen that kit released yet.... Basically I bought the Gladiator non-pro at the time because it had twist and could probably be upgraded to the coming MCG or Kosmosima grip through the gimbal upgrade kit (or Upgrade Kit lite). And I bought the MCG grip with Gunfighter based on the promise of the twist adapter.

I would not have bought either except for the advertised expectation of future twist abilities added through modular upgrades.

So I'm glad to hear that both may still be possible! Thank you.
I'll keep waiting for now!

aklambda

Gunfighter Pro + Twist Adapter

Postby aklambda » Thu Jan 03, 2019 23:32

With the Kosmosima SCG being available for pre-order I have my setup almost complete now. All that is missing is the Twist Adapter for the Gunfighter and MCG grip. I am looking forward to it.

In the meantime, I wanted to ask if the twist adapter will be working with the Gunfighter Pro with the extension, or if it will only work with the table top version.

I am asking this because I am playing with the thought to upgrade my gunfighter to a gunfither pro with the extension.

____
(this post has been moved from another topic; that topic was then deleted. note to the user: prior to starting a new topic please always check whether there are relevant threads already running).

RN_Max

Postby RN_Max » Fri Mar 08, 2019 0:39

Is there any more news on the twist adaptor yet?

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:57

I confirm that the twist adaptor is in roadmap but I have got no concrete dates yet. That's all I know for now...
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

solomonisleboy

Postby solomonisleboy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:40

Thanks for that update. I'll keep checking back... finally went back to my KG12 grip in the meantime. The MCG is sitting in its box unused while I wait for the twist adapter....
Looking forward to it!

Easty79

Postby Easty79 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:31

I hope it comes out soon, ONLY purchased the MCG Pro after asking them if the twist adaptor was still happening and they said yes.

So far nothing... Getting to the point where I'm going to ask for a refund as it looks like vaporware - all yes but no dates and never any updates on even the vaguest of timelines - I mean, they even said YEARS ago (yes, years now...) that they were in production.

If nothing concrete by end of July I'm going for the refund and going with another brand.

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Tue Jun 25, 2019 21:42

What do you mainly fly?

I'm assuming your 'another brand' is Virpil. Nothing wrong with Virpil kit; it's really nice. I've had their T50 sticks and bases and I've still got their throttle and I've got a pair of their pedals on pre-order.

However, if you're a space simmer (which is what I'm guessing since you really, really, really want twist) then what Virpil have right now is either of less quality than VKB (the Constellation Delta is a good grip but being the entry level it's not up to the quality of their other grips) or just doesn't really have enough bindable controls compared with the MCG Pro (the WarBrd grip or even the upcoming VFX).

The MCG Pro with the GF base is such a lovely bit of kit, don't get shot just because it doesn't have twist. I'm guessing from the grip ergonomics that it really was never designed to have twist and usability would I'd think suffer if twist is added.

Might I make an alternative suggestion?

Keep the MCG-Pro and use it as your right hand stick; pitch and roll/yaw (delete as applicable) and get some 3 axis pedals. If you're a dual stick or HOTAS user you will get used to pedals and it adds to immersion and really helps.

Ignore the above suggestion if you don't have good use of your legs obvs!

Easty79

Postby Easty79 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:48

Hey mate,

A bit of Helicopters (various games), jets, Star Citizen and a few randoms. So a bit of all sorts.

The MCG Pro is an awesome piece of kit, but when shopping around I wanted twist (for use in the space sim side of things, have pedals but they don't 'feel'right for my space flying style - awesome for other stuff though!), when they said the twist mod was a thing and going to happen and was in production I was sold, all requirements met (ergo-dynamics, buttons galore, quality, manual adjustment).

But... With the NEVER ending comments of "It's still happening" but vague about any details and seemingly no progression for years - that's what has me pissed off. I specifically asked them if it was still happening before buying and told soon - soon has turned into never any progress and the same in the dark situation, well over it.

Virpil is another option - and a very good one, am actually eyeing up their new throttle since VKB have seemingly no progress on theirs - sensing a theme...

End of the day, they said they would do it and no information, nothing has eventuated and feeling I've been lied to so will go down the refund path on those grounds end of July unless they get their ass into gear and provide actual updates with dates.

Finstern

Postby Finstern » Wed Jun 26, 2019 13:07

I started on the same road as you, but took another deviation : I bought the kosmosima to wait while they finally finish their z twist optional kit.
Will resell it later on or keep it as a spare piece.

I will be honest, the gunfighter is .. well imho, it's way better than kosmosima in design and options but .. BUT .. kosmosima is still on the top 5 best joygrip avaiable around.

If you are willing to spend the buck for another full joystick from another brand, maybe give the kosmosima pro it's chance, it have the z grip included, work perfectly in star citizen, robust, well designed and so on .. a fuckin' bunch of button to smash (couldn't configure them all at the moment .. with a dual clic on the base button + hats, I get like .. around 40 buttons to press :D).

Up to you, I'm set to wait the twist adapter for quite some time now (yes I still perfectly favor the Gunfighter).

And .. yes I ressent too the long long long long tooooo long coming of the twist adapter, as it was promised 1 year 1/2 ago at least by now .. but I assume there are reasons for this long delay .. especialy for an adapter that is not initialy solidified in the grip body.
There must be some kind of reliability problems to fix before releasing a good product to us and they just released the kosmosima so .. at least we know it's on it's way ;).

blatherman

Postby blatherman » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:27

You're going to ask for a refund because you bought a piece of gear based on another piece of gear that wasn't released yet???

Easty79 wrote:Hey mate,
End of the day, they said they would do it and no information, nothing has eventuated and feeling I've been lied to so will go down the refund path on those grounds end of July unless they get their ass into gear and provide actual updates with dates.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”