Twist Adapter for Gunfighter/MCG

Moderator: AdminGroup

fallout9

Re: Twist Adapter for Gunfighter/MCG

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:46

Easty79 wrote:But... With the NEVER ending comments of "It's still happening" but vague about any details and seemingly no progression for years - that's what has me pissed off. I specifically asked them if it was still happening before buying and told soon - soon has turned into never any progress and the same in the dark situation, well over it.

Virpil is another option - and a very good one, am actually eyeing up their new throttle since VKB have seemingly no progress on theirs - sensing a theme...

I would do some research before jumping boats, maybe you'll find some differences in quality and design between VKB and VPC that will make you stick with what you have. If you'll keep researching you'll find that VKB is moving apparently slow with releasing the new products not because they sit around the table waiting for SC to go beta or for the space legs to show up in ED, but because they're perfectionists - they put their soul and their honor in the products they present and they won't come out with anything that's under their standards. Me, as a customer, I can't be other than happy that I'm getting the best engineered and designed product, even if sometimes I scratch at the screen wishing to get that TECS even with a squeaky handle, but I cool down afterwards realizing that I'll get that 1 year later than expected but I won't feel the need to replace it with a newer product for many years.

Easty79

Postby Easty79 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:13

blatherman wrote:You're going to ask for a refund because you bought a piece of gear based on another piece of gear that wasn't released yet???

Easty79 wrote:Hey mate,
End of the day, they said they would do it and no information, nothing has eventuated and feeling I've been lied to so will go down the refund path on those grounds end of July unless they get their ass into gear and provide actual updates with dates.

Yes and no.

Yes as I bought on a piece of gear that wasn't released yet.

No as I specifically asked if it was still in the works and they said yes - a whole year later and they are vague with communication, if they ever bother to communicate.

It comes down to communicating with the customers, they simply don't. I mean even a timeline negative time (ie, moving from concept to initial productions, to trials to quality control to sourcing parts for production etc) but there is literally nothing but a vague "still in the works no time frame" answer.

That is what is pissing me off, I understand delays in production, I understand perfecting things. The lack of communication puts me in the mindset of have I been lied to? Did I go down this specific product path due to them not telling the truth?

The no information coming from them has me thinking that this is the case - would be mega happy to be proven wrong, but nope, no information and vague answers continue.

Communication with facts not an oh yeah we're on it is all they need to do (and I know I'm not the only one who wants them to communicate).

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:20

The grass isn’t greener on the other side.

Communication isn’t everything!

Virpil communicate, but they did not communicate about their (Version 3) throttle removing major features?

Thrustmaster communicate, but do they listen to the community?

Logitech communicate, but do they innovate?

VKB communicate when it is necessary.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Fri Jun 28, 2019 15:04

You won't believe (I guess it is at least understandable) - but they are coming closer.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Easty79

Postby Easty79 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:51

I hope so, I really do!

zeddikus

Postby zeddikus » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:16

Hi,
I would rather buy the Twist-Adapter today than tomorrow and also the new planned TECS Throttle.
It would be time for an official update, after all the adapter should already be on the market in 2018.
What are the chances that the Twist adapter and the TECS Throttle will be on the market in 2019?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:14

Adapter - likely, TECS - hardly.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:24

And what about the Space Sim Cam?

Finstern

Postby Finstern » Mon Aug 05, 2019 21:21

Maybe create a dedicated thread for space cam and throttle, guys ?

Finstern

Postby Finstern » Wed Sep 11, 2019 22:12

Hello @aerogator @eduard : could we get some new/eta official or unofficial about this twist adapter please ?
At least, is it still planned ?

Thank you in advance for your answer, whatever it is. :wink:
Last edited by Finstern on Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35, edited 1 time in total.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:26

Hi Finstern,

Yes, it is planned for sure. I am bothering guys at HQ about the adaptor every time when we have a chat. Unfortunately, I don't have any ETA (even unofficial). Personally I hope to get the adaptors around 2020 Q1 but it is just my guess.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

Fri13

Postby Fri13 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 22:22

When the adapter comes available, I hope there is enough so most gets it on first batch and then other batches ain't separated too much further.

LukasB

Postby LukasB » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:52

Don't be ridiculous guys. This thing was announced 2 years ago. It will never be released.
I got my GF/MCG in January 2018, mainly for the adapter, which was supposedly coming soon. Just wanted high-end stick with twist, I can't use pedals because of a medical condition. Big expensive mistake.

blatherman

Postby blatherman » Sun Oct 27, 2019 20:02

If you say so.

RN_Max

Postby RN_Max » Wed Dec 18, 2019 22:46

Bumped .. The MCG Twist adaptor has been announced. Apparently regional stores should be keeping us posted on availability.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3913

A package containing the twist adaptor and the to-be-announced GF3 upgrade was also mentioned ... there are plenty of GF2 owners with MCG grips, who are waiting for the twist and will doubtless be interested in a GF3 upgrade kit.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”