VKB Gladiator mk II , HELP: annoying noise

Moderator: AdminGroup

Rani

VKB Gladiator mk II , HELP: annoying noise

Postby Rani » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:04

Hi all
I received my new Gladiator mk II (non Pro), one week ago and now after 10 hours of using, I hear an annoying noise when pulling back the stick and moving it from a corner to another.
Seems to me samething is not going good. :?

Maybe VKB could change the product If send back in Netherlands?

Any help ?

pizmak

Re: VKB Gladiator mk II , HELP: annoying noise

Postby pizmak » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:10

You will have more luck getting an answer by creating a topic in Technical section of the forums as there are VKB representatives helping out on an almost daily basis. Forums for the EU seems to be rarely visited by anyone from the VKB.

With that said you need to describe your issue a bit more since I believe opening up the base will help you nail down the issue and resolve it manually. I had a weird sound on my pedals out of the box (QA?) throughout the whole axis which turned out to be a faulty spring that sounded like opening old doors :D managed to solve it with exchanging the spring for one of the supplied by VKB. Describing the sound would be a good start. Is it clicking, or rather a rubbing sound, does it sound throughout whole axis etc.

Rani

Postby Rani » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:17

The sound is like an old door crunch, and occurs when pull back pitch axis and moving the stick from the right to left side and reverse.
Really annoying !!
I don t know if this sound is because a spring..
And my gladiator is the version with twist I don t have VKB spring for a replacement.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Fri Feb 09, 2018 15:59

Hello Rani,

Sorry to hear that it becomes so noisy. Yes, you can send the item back to us and we will ship the other item.
The other possibility is to use one of the silicon grease spray which is intended for plastic parts. It should help to remove the noise.

Best regards,
Eduard
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

discophil

Postby discophil » Mon Feb 12, 2018 19:51

Hi, I seem to have the exact same problem with my new stick. Here a cooy of my message I wrote a month ago via email:

about a month ago I purchased a Gladiator Mk 2. Now, after about 20 hours of use it started to make some "creaky plastic" noise when pulling back on the stick on the pitch axis. It was very minor at first but it seems to get worse the more I use it. Interestingly it only ocurs when pulling back the stick in a straight line. In all other directions it works fine. It feels like something is moving inside the gimbal just a bit and creates this noise. I did open the base to check if there is a screw or something that got loose but Im unable to figure it out.

Since there seems to be no easy fix for it I may ask if I can send my stick too?

Silicone oil wont do the trick. I feel a resistance like steps when I pull the stick back.

Rani

Postby Rani » Mon Feb 12, 2018 21:51

I v solved (-at monent no noise present ) opening the base and removing the screws of the withe plastic parts, than I found the noise came from a metal pin of the stick pointing in the central part of plastic base.
Greasing with silicone this metal pin the noise disappear

Rani

Postby Rani » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:50

Yes the noise at moment disappered but me also I have same steps around the roll axis and pitch at moment.
I' m considering to ship back to VKB the item for a replacement.

Regards

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:50

Rani wrote:I' m considering to ship back to VKB the item for a replacement

Shipping anything back without previous agreement is waste of time and funds, as the parcel will be automatically returned to sender.
Whatever replacements or fixings can only be made after talking to the shop where you had bought the device, and going through proper diagnostic procedures.
So, your first step should be: contact the dealer and get a support ticket. Chances are, the shop will be able to help you right away.
Second step, only if the shop failed to help, or if you bought your device from VKB directly: read this post http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2762, and follow the directions point by point with no omissions or shortcuts.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

discophil

Postby discophil » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:22

There is no "Shop" in EU that sells VKB stuff. I bought the device directly from vkb eu.

Do you seriously need all this Information? How do I know cams and spring types? Why do I need screenshots from some software to report a construction fault? It took a over a month for you to tell me that now?

I am treated like an idiot here.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:14

Hello discophil,

Can you please let me know what is your order number ? I will contact you via email from your order then and we will find a solution, I am sure.

Cheers,
Eduard
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

discophil

Postby discophil » Tue Feb 27, 2018 0:34

Hello Eduard,

thanks for reply.

Order: 2014

regards

discophil

Postby discophil » Thu Mar 29, 2018 14:15

Eduard VKB FSC wrote:Hello discophil,

Can you please let me know what is your order number ? I will contact you via email from your order then and we will find a solution, I am sure.

Cheers,
Eduard

Hi Eduard,

I did not receive any email yet.

regards

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”