Come on Eduard, update the site with the same late breaking info that the North Americans have just had

Moderator: AdminGroup

TrueWeevie

Come on Eduard, update the site with the same late breaking info that the North Americans have just had

Postby TrueWeevie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 21:06

There have been some rather important announcements just made about the MCG and future products.

From a newsletter sent to a North American Customer:

Hi Guys,
Good news - pre-ordering for the next batch of VKB Gunfighters and select a choice of MCG grips will start October 1, 2017. I prepared VKBcontrollers.com with the new lineup of products - so have a look.
Here's a quick breakdown of these new products (subject to change as new information becomes available to me):
VKB Gunfighter + MCG Lineup:
Gunfighter Rev.B Modern Combat Edition + MCG Gunfighter Rev.B Modern Combat Edition + MCG Pro Gunfighter Pro Rev.B Modern Combat Edition + MCG Gunfighter Pro Rev.B Modern Combat Edition + MCG Pro
NOTE: Rev.B pertains to the 3-pin connection having moved the pins into the grip to prevent damage when swapping grips! Rev.B grips/bases are not backward compatible with Gunfighter (first gen) bases and grips!
NOTE: The Gunfighter/Pro 'Vintage Edition' comes with the familiar KG12 grip.
VKB Gladiator Pro + MCG Lineup: Gladiator Pro Mk.II Modern Combat Edition + MCGGladiator Pro Mk.II Modern Combat Edition + MCG Pro NOTE: The Gladiator Pro 'Vintage Edition' comes with the familiar KG12 grip.
MCG / MCG Pro Standalone Grips Lineup (3-pin): MCG Rev.B for Gunfighter Rev.B only MCG Pro Rev.B for Gunfighter Rev.B only MCG for Gladiator Pro Mk.II and Gunfighter (first gen) only MCG Pro for Gladiator Pro Mk.II and Gunfighter (first gen) only MCG TM Standalone Grips Lineup:MCG TM for TM Warthog bases only
MCG / MCG Pro Standalone Grips Lineup (5-pin):NOT AVAILABLE DURING THE FIRST PRE-ORDER RUN (UNDER DEVELOPMENT)One MCG/MCG Pro 5-pin variant will be compatible with the Gladiator Pro Mk.I and Vintage Mamba, while the other variant will be compatible with the Black Fat Mamba Mk.IIIMCG-Left (3-pin):NOT AVAILABLE DURING THE FIRST PRE-ORDER RUN (UNDER DEVELOPMENT)MCG - Left (3-pin) variants should be compatible with Gunfighter Rev.B and Gladiator Pro Mk.II; other versions pending (there won't be a MCG-Left version for TM Warthog bases) MCG Twist Adapter:NOT AVAILABLE DURING THE FIRST PRE-ORDER RUN (UNDER DEVELOPMENT) The MCG Twist Adapter will be compatible with all MCG variants except for the MCG TM, as the TM Warthog base does not support analog axes I will keep you updated about the development of the other MCGs (5-pin and left-hand versions), as well as the Twist Adapters availability as I learn more. I also hope to have a final MCG announcement out around October 1 - so stay tuned for more info soon.
*NOTE: Pre-ordering is contingent upon having received final pricing from VKB HQ prior to October 1, as well as having received a good ETA for shipment to start from VKB HQ. Worst case, pre-ordering slips by a few days.
NOTE: When pre-ordering, your credit/debit card will not be charged until the product is available for shipping from VKB HQ; if the shipping date slips, the pre-ordering plugin allows me to push back the shipping date without affecting your pre-order status.* "

Don't you think you should update the site with some recent news?

pizmak

Re: Come on Eduard, update the site with the same late breaking info that the North Americans have just had

Postby pizmak » Wed Sep 27, 2017 22:08

I'm not sure if Ed is still around - "Last active: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:08"

TrueWeevie

Re: Come on Eduard, update the site with the same late breaking info that the North Americans have just had

Postby TrueWeevie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 22:21

Oh well, that would explain the lack of updates to the site.

Who is sorting the site out then. Who will update the store so we can pre-order the MCG (assuming we have a base that's compatible with the grips that will be released in a timely fashion of course)?

If it sounds like I'm whinging then it's probably because I am. A total lack of communication/engagement with customers tends to produce that.

LloydM

Postby LloydM » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:01

Also is there an easy way to tell if you need a Rev.B grip? Not sure what revision my Gunfighter is.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:16

LloydM wrote:Also is there an easy way to tell if you need a Rev.B grip? Not sure what revision my Gunfighter is.

@LloydM:
I approved this post just to save time and because this is your first appearance here. Please in future help us keep the forum tidy and only post your questions/requests in dedicated threads, otherwise they might be deleted.
This rev.A/rev.B topic had been tackled in at least 3 (three) threads, all of them more or less relevant to the tech-y nature of the question.
Doing some search prior to posting helps most of the time.

Let me re-post what I said there.

First, there is NO "NEW MODEL" - A and B versions are identical, technically and functionally, with a single difference: the contact group has been switched, what was on the top went to the bottom, and vice versa. We did it mainly to streamline the assembling process.

So, presuming you're wondering which MCG you should get:
IF you already have a GF, your choice should be MCG A;
IF you are going to get a GF, you should stay with MCG B.
IF you are going to buy an MCG set, then you don't have to bother about this A or B thing altogether.

Once again, the only difference between A and B is the juxtaposition of the parts of the contact group.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 13:50

AeroGator

I know you're more involved with the technical side of things but would you know anything about the European distribution side of things. Specifically will the European site be updated any time soon?

Also If Eduard is still working with VKB as euro distribution agent could you give him a nudge and ask him to get communicating with customers, at least do an update with the latest news on Flightsimcontrols.com

Cheers!

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Sep 28, 2017 15:50

TrueWeevie wrote: Eduard is still working with VKB

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm really too far from the sales side of the business; I will however ask someone who might know this topic better.
Regarding Ed, AFAIK he is still with us. I know nothing about his timetable but I can presume that he is using this dead season between shipments to go on a trip or simply take a holiday and totally turn away from his computer.
After all, he also deserves some rest.
But again, I will ask someone who might know.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 16:12

It does rather feel like us Euro's are the poor relations here. I know the EU put's a ton of regulatory and customs burden on you guys and that's something VKB or Eduard can't avoid but we really could do with more communication even if we have to wait to be able to pre-order/order.

Thanks for passing this on Aerogator.

pizmak

Postby pizmak » Thu Sep 28, 2017 16:20

Agreed, would be great to have the latest news on the EU site as it happens with the RU and US ones. I just don't want to miss an opportunity to grab your products when the next shipments comes.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Thu Sep 28, 2017 17:00

Hello guys,

Sorry for keeping you a bit in the dark but I have never left EU guys without vital information about upcoming arrivals. I agree that more information should be published on the site but past summer months nothing really happens for EU store. Also, I would not like to commit to any dates before it becomes realistic enough.

Now I have the latest and concrete news about arrival of new products for EU market. I have just updated the site with it.
First, now we offer regular Gladiator for EU market and it is available for purchase since today.
Secondly, the next delivery from HQ to EU store will cover Gunfighter models but not yet MCG. So, it is a bit early to offer any pre-order yet. More news about it will be published in November/December where we know whether we need to open pre-ordering for particular MCG variants. Currently I am busy with the new website and I hope to offer a facility to place a pre-order request on that new site in a week or so. VKB USA is a good example for me.

Cheers,
Eduard
VKB FSC Europe
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

pizmak

Postby pizmak » Fri Sep 29, 2017 21:01

Awesome! Thanks for the update Ed!

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”