Modern Combat grip in Europe?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Sindoras

Modern Combat grip in Europe?

Postby Sindoras » Sun Jul 23, 2017 18:27

Hi guys =)

Im looking at your stuff for a while now and with all that feedback about quality and service im really thinking about buying a gladiator mk2 or a gunfighter.

I am using the Warthog stick right now and am pretty pleased with the feel, but after 2 years, the ball bearing seem to loose its smoothness at the edges, and the buttons start to make funny sounds.
Yeah i did regrease it from time to time, but havent opened the grip yet.

Since the mechanism from the VKB products are made from metal i suppose they will last longer than the plastic bearing of the warthog ? Also im a bit worried about the plastic. I love the metal feel of the Warthog, mostly because it feels sturdy, like nothing could break it. Can anyone owning a VKB Stick tell me if those got the same feeling on them ?

And 2 more questions to the VKB guys =)
I saw in the american store that there is a modern combat grip with more buttons available. Will it come to Europe too ? and will there be a twist adapter as said on the US page ?

redribbon

Re: Modern Combat grip in Europe?

Postby redribbon » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:10

I don't own warthog but i can tell you about gunfighter.
Gimball base is all metal giving fantastic feel.
Kg12 grip is party metal and partly plastic and i think it is better than full metal grip cos of weight (less weight give better recentering and less unneccessary force on gimbal base making it last longer).
Don't those plastic parts fools you cos it is made from high quality plastic and it feels firm.
I modded my kg12 grip for lefthand usage and i was suprised with quality of plastic parts while part of grip which connects to gimball is metal, so in my opinion they made it perfect.
I wouldn't buy all metal grips even if they made it, as long they keep quality and thickness of plastic they do now.
Also greasing vkb gf is not neccessary, ever!
I also wait to MCG with twist adaptor is released, and it will be available in EU! As i heard it will be soon.

AeroGator

Metal-schmetal

Postby AeroGator » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:44

I'm NOT trying to convert anyone into plastic faith, just sharing some personal experience. I had a chance recently to toy with this grip (see picture; the hand is mine). There were some metal parts in it, but the outside was plastic. That answered my question forever (I had my doubts, too). Good plastic is no worse than metal, plus it feels better in hand.
Attachments
mason1.jpg
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Sindoras

Postby Sindoras » Mon Jul 24, 2017 14:56

thx alot for the fast replys guys =)

i think you got me, i will wait until the modern combat grip is out here and buy one when avaiable together with either a gladiator pro mk2 or a gunfighter base, will see then :D

Whoa what is that monster of a grip ? :O

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Jul 24, 2017 15:57

Sindoras wrote:Whoa what is that monster of a grip ? :O
That's some US helicopter grip for the left hand, not sure about the copter model or time it was produced. The grip itself was made by Mason, try http://www.esterline.com :)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”