Warthog Adaptor, cams, springs and some questions

Moderator: AdminGroup

TrueWeevie

Warthog Adaptor, cams, springs and some questions

Postby TrueWeevie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57

Chaps

Installed the warthog adaptor yesterday evening (inevitably the circlip from the pinky lever went flying and it took me 20 minutes of floor crawling to find it and when I put the shell back together, I managed to clip one of the wires so out came the soldering iron :roll:. That said, other than my incompetence, the adaptor was pretty easy to install so well done VKB) and now tonight I'll be trying to get the right spring/cam config.

I installed the W cam but even with that in, with the #20 springs installed the Warthog grip is leaning forwards quite a lot. So, to counter this I ended up with a #40 and a #20 spring. I've got #40 and #20 on both axes

My first question: Do I need to worry about the fact that the warthog grip leans forward when used with just the default #20 spring. Does the W cam mean that the lean forward is allowed for in terms of the range of movement (and thus the centre point) Other than the lean, it felt really good. With the #40 and #20 springs, it feels a bit too tight. Also on the X axis there's creaking from the springs (maybe having 2 #30's rather than a #20 and a #40 on each cam would be better?)

Second question: would it be terrible to have a lighter spring on the x axis than on the y axis? I know it's all about what's good for you, but is having different tensions on each axis generally not a good idea or does it not matter.

I'm going to be trying to get this right tonight so any help would be much appreciated.

TIA!

TrueWeevie

Re: Warthog Adaptor, cams, springs and some questions

Postby TrueWeevie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 22:30

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :D

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:57

You use extension and warthog grip which is heavy so i guess default "soft cams" and default "30" springs are weak.
Even without extension and heavy grip it wont center it perfect with soft springs and cams.
Try with #30 cams(cams with detent) and 40 or 50 springs

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:34

It's Gunfighter desktop so no extention but just the grip is enough to pull it forward.

I've currently got just the #40 springs in and it feels a bunch better but it is still leaning forward just a bit.

I'm using the 'W' cam that's specifically for use with the Warthog Adaptor. Not that keen on a strong detent tbh but it might be something to try I guess.

Cheers

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”