Europe Customers: Who wants a VKB Gunfighter?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Europe Customers: Do you want a VKB Gunfighter?

Yes, the VKB Gunfighter (tabletop version)
29%
Yes, the VKB Gunfighter Pro (with extension)
36%
Yes, the VKB Gunfighter Base Only
21%
Undecided, as I am still happy with my current stick, but might consider a VKB Gunfighter later
7%
No, I am not interested in the VKB Gunfighter
7%

Total votes: 56

UIV
Мастер

Re: Europe Customers: Who wants a VKB Gunfighter?

Postby UIV » Mon Jun 19, 2017 14:30

Should arrive in EU after June 22

Andy

Postby Andy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 14:52

So what is the real story. First it is in customs then it will be delivered to EU. Seems the story keeps changing. Some reliable feedback would be appreciated

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Jun 19, 2017 15:35

Andy whatever you read on this forum is a real story as it comes directly from the business owners.
The story does not keep changing: it does keep updating.
Unlike the US, we do not drop-ship to the EU because of complex EU regulations. What we do is we ship the orders in bulk to our dealer in Europe, and leave it to him to do customs clearance and send the goods to individual customers.
The shipment in question was planned to be shipped by sea but instead we're sending it by air for the sake of speed.
We handed it over to FedEx last Thursday, and it is currently getting through Chinese customs. FedEx assured us the goods would be in Europe on 22 June.
As you understand, it is the estimated time of arrival, and we should not take it as a firm promise.
Anyway, at this stage nothing depends on us. The Gunfighters are on the way.
Please bear a few more days.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

graysson

Postby graysson » Mon Jun 19, 2017 15:55

I plan to buy a complete VKB-Sim dual stick setup with two Gunfighters and rudder pedals but i have one question first.
Is it possible to use a KG12 grip out of the box in your left hand?
From the pictures and videos i found online the grip itself seems to be symmetrical enough except the coolie hat which is a bit lower than the other side.
My question is not if you can use it with the same comfort/performance as in your right hand but more can you use it at all.
I can live with it when the use of the coolie hat is a bit uncomfortable because its only temporary until the lefthand grip is available.

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 16:09

Lefty here!
I plan to mod it for left hand usage, it shouldnt be hard just hat switch relocate on the other side, the rest is pretty simetrical.
Hand holder on bottom of the grip seems swapable and only thing to do is that hat switch.
I watched some dissasembled kg12 grip from gladiator and it will require opening hole on the right side and find way to screw it, left side will have holes from original design so it will need some plastic cover to be made and screwed on already available screw holes.
It is just my assumption i'll know better when i get it in my hands.
Once i do it i'll post thread with pics on forum.

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 16:32

Anyway, at this stage nothing depends on us. The Gunfighters are on the way.
Please bear a few more days.

So reasonable timeframe to expect it delivered to us is next week if it arrives in thursday.
I waited so long, i can wait few more days.
Will email be sent to us from delivery servise once it is shipped to customers so we can track it?

graysson

Postby graysson » Mon Jun 19, 2017 16:56

Thx for the answer.
I think i will take the risk and order 2 Gunfighters now since the worst what can happen is that the stick sits around til the lefthand grip arrives.
But who knows when the Gunfighters will be back in stock sepecially here in Europe.
So i better do it when they still are in stock.

Edit: I just ordered 2x Gunfighters and the rudder.

Andy

Postby Andy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 20:57

Do the goods arrive to EU on 22 June, then have to go through customs?

I am merely concerned that my order potentially could be delivered when I am on my vacation as I will not be available to receive it.

Sorry I do not understand why these posts have been made? This appears to be changing.

09 June
UIV wrote:This Sunday all joysticks will be sent to EU.

12 June
Eduard VKB FSC wrote:I hope to get the cargo through the Custom and get it delivered to FSC store by the end of this week. If so, we will ship all orders on Monday, 19.06.2017

19 June
UIV wrote:Should arrive in EU after June 22

Is customs before delivery to EU?

orlaag

Postby orlaag » Tue Jun 20, 2017 0:56

Have the extension kits been included in this order, also will there be postage notification so I can arrange for someone to be home when it arrives (ordered gunfighter and pedals). Is it too late to switch from gunfighter to pro version? I ask because since end of May I'd been waiting on the message on the extension kits being available and heard nothing. I've tried to change order to pro since thing but not had reply to last two messages thus asking here.

I know this is not necessarily a full time thing for Eduard and is small operation for Europe store so I'm cool with this where I wouldn't be from a large operation with full time comms department and will cut a lot of slack. Just if something has slipped the net I'd rather sort it before my order ships rather than later. Either change to pro gunfighter or add a seperate extension kit works for me. Adding a small base instead of large to the latter would be good if any spare but notice they are out of stock now (they were not when first sent message, I will machine my own so not deal breaker I suppose).

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:22

redribbon wrote:So reasonable timeframe to expect it delivered to us is next week if it arrives in thursday.

Might be a catch here: 22 June is the date given to us by FedEx. It might be or not not be final, please remember that.
Besides, it is ETA to our dealer in Europe.
Will take another day or two to pull it through EU customs (which is a pain) and send all joysticks to individual pilots. So, 22 is not yet the day the postman will be calling at your door.

redribbon wrote:I waited so long, i can wait few more days.

I really appreciate your understanding. We're mad about this delay no less than you are.
The goods are sent by air instead of by sea - the extra cost is formidable, but still the prices remain the same.

redribbon wrote:Will email be sent to us from delivery servise once it is shipped to customers so we can track it?

This I can't say for sure because it is out of our control. The dealer mails the goods out to individual buyers, and we don't tell him what mail operator to use: he knows better.
Please be assured that every link in this delivery chain is trying their best to bring the goods to you asap.
Trying to speed anything up now will not help, unfortunately.
Joysticks are coming.
Just wait.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:32

graysson wrote:
redribbon wrote:I plan to mod it for left hand usage, it shouldnt be hard just hat switch relocate on the other side, the rest is pretty simetrical.

I think i will take the risk and order 2 Gunfighters now....

Hold your horses guys.
Please do NOT buy 2 GFs with intention to adapt one of them for left hand use.

It only seems easy.
Just take my word (or try it at your own risk, but be officially warned).
The best you can do is use one GF now and wait for a few weeks (might be 2-3-4 weeks, but not like 10) - there is something interesting up our sleeve that you lefties might be happy to see. (oh, did I accidentally spill out a company's secret??) 8)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:46

orlaag wrote: Just if something has slipped the net

PMed you. Check your inbox.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:20

Andy wrote:I am merely concerned that my order potentially could be delivered when I am on my vacation as I will not be available to receive it.

Contact Eduard and ask him to put your joystick aside till you are back from vacations.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 16:36

AeroGator wrote:
graysson wrote:
redribbon wrote:I plan to mod it for left hand usage, it shouldnt be hard just hat switch relocate on the other side, the rest is pretty simetrical.

Hold your horses guys.

It only seems easy.
The best you can do is use one GF now and wait for a few weeks (might be 2-3-4 weeks, but not like 10) - there is something interesting up our sleeve that you lefties might be happy to see. (oh, did I accidentally spill out a company's secret??) 8)

Aircraft engineer here (mehanic and electrical) also passionate ww2 simmer, i know i'll loose warranty for grip but i want kg12 grip for left hand usage so i'll take the risk and give it a try, i always find solution and love modding challenges. With my experience nothing should go wrong, in worst case i can reassembly it back if i evaluate modding is not worth.
I assume that secret lefty grip will be for space sims so once it's out i'll keep my eye on it.
Thank you for advice, and no problem here waiting it for a little longer ;) .

graysson

Postby graysson » Wed Jun 21, 2017 18:12

AeroGator wrote:
redribbon wrote:So reasonable timeframe to expect it delivered to us is next week if it arrives in thursday.

Might be a catch here: 22 June is the date given to us by FedEx. It might be or not not be final, please remember that.
Besides, it is ETA to our dealer in Europe.
Will take another day or two to pull it through EU customs (which is a pain) and send all joysticks to individual pilots. So, 22 is not yet the day the postman will be calling at your door.

Just to be sure: that means that I dont have to pay additional customs fees when i ordered from Germany?

AeroGator wrote:
graysson wrote:

Hold your horses guys.

It only seems easy.

I didnt plan to mod the KG12 grip for lefthand use.
I only wanted to know from people who already have a KG12 grip if i can use it temporary well enough with my left hand until the lefthand grip arrives.
It will be only used for strafe forward/back and strafe left/right in Star Citizen.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”