Exclusion from the application of VAT in Canary Islands

Moderator: AdminGroup

demis.palma

Exclusion from the application of VAT in Canary Islands

Postby demis.palma » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:58

Hello,
I am going to purchase your "T-Rudder Pedals Mk IV", but I've a problem during the checkout process.

Despite they are part of Spain, the Canary Islands are not part of European Community territory for the purposes of VAT (Article 6 of Directive 2006/112/EC).
The harmonised rules on VAT do not apply to the Canary Islands and the application of turnover taxes is a matter for the local authorities. Which means, we always pay Import fees and Customs duties to our local authorities instead of VAT.
Further reference in the European Commission official website.

Although I've specified my shipping address, your checkout procedure still tries to charge the VAT TAX (see screenshot attached).
So, my question is: How to proceed to the purchase without paying the VAT, which is not due in my case?

Thanks a lot, really appreciate your help.
Attachments
screenshot3.png

Eduard VKB FSC

Re: Exclusion from the application of VAT in Canary Islands

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:12

Hello Demis,

Unfortunately our current webshop engine does not allow to specify Canary Islands. I hope we will fix it in the future.
For the time being, for any purchase with delivery to Canary Islands we will return VAT after purchase.

Best regards,
Eduard
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

demis.palma

Re: Exclusion from the application of VAT in Canary Islands

Postby demis.palma » Fri Jan 27, 2017 22:03

Thanks Eduard for getting back to me.
It's very important for us, because we are subject to local taxes over incoming items, and if we were charged also with European VAT, we would end paying taxes twice.

So, I've thought to leave here my feedback for future reference in the hope that other people find it useful.
If you are from Canary Islands like me, after your purchase contact "VKB FSC Europe".
The actual shipping costs to Canary Islands is a bit higher (€ 27 instead of € 19) but this is absolutely normal. We are in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
They will refund you the entire amount of the VAT paid. In my case I've received the refund immediately, with a clear summary.
In conclusion, as I've heard exceptional reviews about their products, I have to say that the accounting / customer's service is up to the standards of their products: exceptional as well.

Thanks guys.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”