Questions and answers

Moderator: AdminGroup

Bourrinopathe

Re: Questions and answers

Postby Bourrinopathe » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:59

hon0 wrote:What kind of software will we have with Vkb joystick?

Hi hon0,

VKB devices use the VKB Device Config software. It's not script-based but it can be rather complex depending on what you're trying to achieve.
There's no detailed documentation available in english or french (yet) but that sticky might help.
[a quick start guide, is available >>> HERE <<<]

(je suis également un utilisateur français, aussi, si je peux aider, ou informer, ne pas hésiter à me contacter ;) )
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Wed Jun 08, 2016 22:07

I read on the VKB Euro site that all orders were assembled and being shipped, including Warthog adapters and extension kits

Just a question I received my FBM Mk III and the Warthog adapter with cam, which I received around 4 weeks back. I'm very pleased with the stick BUT I've not as yet received the extension which I ordered around the same time

Is there an estimated shipping date for the extensions?

John

JG4_Karaya

Postby JG4_Karaya » Fri Jun 10, 2016 14:29

Any ETA on when Gladiator Pro (pre)ordering will start!?

messiah

Postby messiah » Sat Jun 11, 2016 19:38

^would like to know aswell.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:06

Hello all

Weegie wrote:Just a question I received my FBM Mk III and the Warthog adapter with cam, which I received around 4 weeks back. I'm very pleased with the stick BUT I've not as yet received the extension which I ordered around the same time
Is there an estimated shipping date for the extensions?
John

We expect to receive a "small" package from the factory which will include all ordered extra's such as extensions and adapters. All items are now produced but VKB China moved to the new location and it delays all operations. I believe the parcel should be shipped to EU store this week and next week the orders should be delivered.

JG4_Karaya wrote:Any ETA on when Gladiator Pro (pre)ordering will start!?

We plan to start accepting orders as soon as items are produced and ready to be shipped to the store. At that moment in time we will know ETA to the store and will communicate it to the customers. My current expectation to open ordering in July and ship the items to the buyers in August.

T-Rudder Mk. IV pedals will be delivered together with Gladiator Pro, so we will open the pedals for ordering at the same time as for Gladiator Pro.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

Stefan79

Postby Stefan79 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:27

Greetings Eduard,

Do you know when the next Warthog Adapters will be send out ?
I ordert one 3rd May 2016 (Purchase #: 983).
Any new avaliable ?

Best Regards

Stefan

joe_

Postby joe_ » Thu Jun 23, 2016 22:30

When can I order the Gladiator from FSC?

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:03

Stefan79 wrote:Greetings Eduard,

Do you know when the next Warthog Adapters will be send out ?
I ordert one 3rd May 2016 (Purchase #: 983).
Any new avaliable ?
Best Regards
Stefan

Hello Stefan,
All orders of Warthog adapters are being prepared for shipment to European store.
Hopefully, we could dispatch them to the end-customers next week already.
Sorry that it takes that long. VKB China moved to the other location and this caused delays.

joe_ wrote:When can I order the Gladiator from FSC?

Hello joe_,
The Gladiator will be on sale in Europe under different brand name, not as VKB product. But we are definitely going to sell them when they are produced and shipped to the brand owner.

So, it it too early to announce any pre-orders.

Pro version will be sold as a VKB product. We plan to open pre-orders when Gladiator Pro is produced. Most likely the pre-orders will be open in September.

Best regards,
Eduard
VKB FSC Europe

joe_

Postby joe_ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 14:51

Ok, so under what brand name? Also VKB russia and stratojet have them listed for shipping at the end of June. Can you release what other retailers will sell the stick as well?

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Tue Jun 28, 2016 15:21

Afaik, the european "Gladiator" will be a model slightly simplified compared to the original VKB version.
It should be similar to this model, right?
(also: don't mind the video, it's magnetoresistive sensors (MaRS), not Hall effect sensors. And the gimbal doesn't look like a Warthog "ball"…)

I assume more information will be available in the future but if the specifications are the same, that will be useful to have a confirmation ;)
Anyway, if I were you (and if it can fit the budget constraints of course), I'd go for the Pro version :mrgreen:
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

joe_

Postby joe_ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 22:51

I've read on other forums that not all the axis are MaRS sensors, and is just a gimped version of the gladiator, as you've said its been simplified. I don't want to get a lower quality product just because I'm in the UK. Dropping £200 on my first joystick wasn't what I'd hoped either, but if I get an actual gladiator from US or RU then its not much more for the pro, but then its a wait till September for release :evil:

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:43

Regular Gladiator for Europe will have potentiometer for Z-axis which controls yaw instead of MaRS and simplified software. The other axes (X- and Y-) uses MaRS.

The price will be also lower than for non-EU version. Overall, it should be a great entry joystick. The alternative is to buy Pro version and separate pedals as Pro version is not equipped with Z-axis. T-Rudder pedals could be connected directly to the joystick and in this case the joystick and the pedals will be presented to an operating system still as one device but with an additional axis.

BritTorrent

Postby BritTorrent » Wed Jun 29, 2016 20:02

Hi guys,

Do we have any idea when the T-Rudder Mk.IV pedals will be on sale?

I've noticed that Stratojet and VKB Russia are expected to release tomorrow so on wondering if the European ones are close to release?

Also, do we have a rough idea on pricing in Europe yet? I'm thinking it might be quicker to order some from America if the European ones are too far away. But I'd like to know what the European price is first.

Either way, keep up the good work guys! Looking forward to using your products.

Kind Regards,

BritTorrent

hon0

Postby hon0 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:09

Hello, what will be the resolution on the Gladiator pro. (With extension).

16bit I hope?
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Thu Jun 30, 2016 17:28

It would require an official confirmation, but afaik the Gladiator will use the NJoy32 controller and MaRS with a 12-bit resolution.
That means 4096 different values per axis. And I think the Gladiator pitch and roll axes both have a 40° angular movement (+20° and -20° from neutral).
That should allow a precision of 0.01° per value (0.009765625°).

If my trigonometry is not completely doomed that should roughly give 0.078 mm movement (from the top of the stick) per value on the axis (with a grip extension for a total of 450 mm from the axis to the top of the stick).
In my opinion, 16-bit is overkill.

(but of course, I might be wrong on that quick calculation)

(if you'd like to use an extension, I'd suggest you wait for the Gunfighter though - it will be tougher and dedicated to that task - and all the buttons and controls won't be so far from your hands)

Thanks for asking, it made me digging :mrgreen:

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”