Questions and answers

Moderator: AdminGroup

david_wi

Re: Questions and answers

Postby david_wi » Sat Oct 15, 2016 19:16

Hi Guys

I have the Gl pro in the default position.
The only thing I would like to see in the next addition, is an easier way to change
springs and gamble.
Other then that, the stick is a blast. :D

harf4ng

Postby harf4ng » Sun Oct 23, 2016 17:59

About gunfighter pro:

Will the extension be long enough to put the stick on the ground while in a cockpit like the obutto r3volution?
Also, if so, will the base be heavy enough to be able to put it there without having to use bolds? I do not want to screw a stick on my floor.

Thanks

harf4ng

Postby harf4ng » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:19

Just wonder, feedback, idea, anything...
Maybe you could propose as an option a force sensitive base for those who prefer force sensitive sticks. Though in fact I never used one, how are force sensitive sticks in comparison with standard ones?

Also, do you think you'll propose left handed grips, for left handed people, or, people like me who wants a dual stick setup for games like star citizen or elite dangerous?

Thanks

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Oct 31, 2016 13:07

harf4ng wrote:About gunfighter pro:

Will the extension be long enough to put the stick on the ground while in a cockpit like the obutto r3volution?
Also, if so, will the base be heavy enough to be able to put it there without having to use bolds? I do not want to screw a stick on my floor.

Hello, harf4ng !

Well, VKB thoroughly investigated what position of the base would be the best. Eventually, we decided that ~20 cm length fits better. The reason is that real pilots on military aircrafts sit much lower than average sim pilot. So, if the stick is located on the ground it should have much longer extension and overall height that the stick in the warplane and this makes it less realistic.

The other thing is that the long extension will not help you to control your aircraft better. MaRS sensors detects the angle, not the actual linear movements. They are very precise but still with ground located base you would need to limit the working angle which will not improve accuracy and your extended grip will be heavier which is not that nice (e.g. requires stronger springs etc).

With regards of particular position in obutto r3volution cockpit, if you can provide us exact measurements we can tell whether the stick will fit. Gunfighter base size is 110 mm x 84 mm.

Best regards,
Eduard
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Oct 31, 2016 13:16

harf4ng wrote:Also, do you think you'll propose left handed grips, for left handed people, or, people like me who wants a dual stick setup for games like star citizen or elite dangerous?

I am happy to tell that there are plans to produce a grip for modern jets and space simulators. It is now in development phase. If it is successful the next step will be to "mirror" the grip for the lefthanders and for dual stick setup. However, I can't really tell any dates yet.

harf4ng

Postby harf4ng » Mon Oct 31, 2016 13:46

So, I guess there's no plan for FSSB base? :)
Need to know so I can check if I'll have to go the dual warthog FSSB route, or VKB could suit my need.

Thanks

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Oct 31, 2016 16:23

harf4ng wrote:So, I guess there's no plan for FSSB base? :)

No, currently we do not plan to work on FSSB base.

Best regards,
Eduard

pretagonist

Postby pretagonist » Mon Oct 31, 2016 18:12

Eduard VKB FSC wrote:
harf4ng wrote:Also, do you think you'll propose left handed grips, for left handed people, or, people like me who wants a dual stick setup for games like star citizen or elite dangerous?

I am happy to tell that there are plans to produce a grip for modern jets and space simulators. It is now in development phase. If it is successful the next step will be to "mirror" the grip for the lefthanders and for dual stick setup. However, I can't really tell any dates yet.

This is so excellent that I just can't contain myself. Please hurry I want to throw money at you. =)

Noshtzy

Postby Noshtzy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:17

Eduard VKB FSC wrote:

I registered an account just to say thank you for this. I love lots of buttons on nice joysticks. Please don't leave out the twist axis!

harf4ng

Postby harf4ng » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:30

Something I wonder... the warthog stick has striction issue. Also, a bit hard to move. Therefore, an extension is needed to provide better accuracy.

What about the gunfighter pro? Will we have enough accuracy with the stock gunfighter pro without any extension? Wonder if a dual gunfighter pro (so left and right of the cockpit) without extension is viable for accuracy...

Thanks

nichiren

Postby nichiren » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:52

Regarding this earlier information from Eduard:
Eduard VKB FSC wrote:3) The connector will be changed in next Gladiator Pro version. We hope that it will be the final change but it will be clear only after some time based on experience our customers and our support people get.

In relation to following from Daisy (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2425&p=23892#p23887):
Daisy wrote:Hi, thanks for your inquiry. Recently we will send one batch of Gladiator Pro to European warehouse. I think it will be available in European warehouse very soon.
Please allow me to explain why there is delay.
Because usually for first new model of joystick, we didn't produce big quantity, and tried to get feedback from clients. To check if there should be any improvements. For first batch of Gladiator pro, we didn't find problem. Now we already under production of second batch, which is planned to finish production within 4 weeks. So our goods will be always with stock.))

Does this second (final?) batch have the changed connector mentioned, ie. will it be compatible with all future grip options (twist, modern, etc)?

Not trying to be obtuse on purpose, it's just that I don't play any historic era sims, so the default grip, especially without the twist, is something I'm not enthusiastic about. I could make do with it temporarily, but I am wary about buying a Gladiator Pro if there is a possibility that the future grips I'm interested in aren't compatible with it due to a design update and I end up stuck with the Ol' Grandad Grip...

Edit: Actually, scratch that. At the very least I need the twist. The default historic grip with twist is the minimum I can use while waiting for a modern grip (w/ twist).

hon0

Postby hon0 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:05

A little question regarding Gladiator PRO "versus" GunFighter. I plan to have a left hand stick without extension for Space Sim. So I could get a gunfighter or a Gladiator Pro but the Gimbal isn't the same right? Any idea of the difference between these two Gimbal? Center "detent", strength required.

Will the GunFighter Benefit from the same feature :

Question: When the stick is in the central/neutral position, why does it have a small, but soft area with virtually no resistance? Is this caused by poor design or production?

Answer: No, we did it on purpose.

Our analysis of virtual pilots’ preferences showed that many prefer sticks with a very soft behavior at the center. The strong "engagement step" of other joysticks, which tries to hold the handle in the center spot can prevent accurate aiming when it is needed most. To move the grip a very small amount, it becomes necessary to make an effort to overcome this "step". This center "step" on a joystick axis tells you when you are in the center, but on other hand it prevents precise control in the approximate central position. It is important to have a balance and we have tried to implement such balance by giving priority to the soft behavior in the middle, rather than a clear and hard return to center force, while also using very accurate sensors and solid construction throughout the internals.

Additionally, when you try to eliminate any excess free movement with plastic parts rubbing against each other, you can encounter annoying stickiness causing jumpy behavior. It can cause more problems than it solves. Our design with the softer center eliminates such issues.

Also, just because resistance is soft it does not mean there is no movement or deflection being detected by the controller. You can set a deadzone of 0 to see that any movements near the center are still being seen by the game. Do not confuse a purposeful soft middle with unwanted “sloppiness” where no movements are being detected as you would find with older joysticks that use a potentiometer. The deadzone can be set digitally using our WIZZO utility.

Thanks.
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Dec 07, 2016 17:24

@hon0:

Correct, the gimbals comparing the Gunfighter vs the Gladiator Pro are similar, but not the same. From what I understand, the Gunfighter's gimbal is an improved version of the Gladiator Pro gimbal, and thus might offer a different "feel". However, to what extent these differ remains to be seen.

Also, I believe that the somewhat "loose" feel of the regular Gladiator comes from the fact that it is merely made from plastic, compared to the more advanced gimbals from the Pro version and the future Gunfighter.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

hon0

Postby hon0 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 18:20

Thanks, I'll wait for more informations. Ahm, sorry if already asked but will VKB sell Gimbal base and Grip independently? Or the option to choose a grip when ordering (KG12 PRO or non prO).
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

david_wi

Postby david_wi » Thu Dec 08, 2016 20:04

Hi guys

I think that VKB in Russia is not given too much
Information because of language problems.
They manufacture very good quality, but have hard time understanding the west.I have both gl and pl pro
And they work fine.btw, the twist is not a real world option and also disturbs in maneuvering the aircraft or space ship.the Gunfighter is going back to the Mamba series but with metal gimbel and grip.
My only concern is the small quantity they send out and then waiting so long for the next delivery.

Bye, David

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”