Questions and answers

Moderator: AdminGroup

Axenic

Re: Questions and answers

Postby Axenic » Sun May 21, 2017 16:24

Hello to all !

I am a newly register member, waiting for VKB to release their MCgrip pro and the twist adaptator.
I have a few questions to help me waiting...

I see on the vkb america store an ECP version of the gunfighter. What is it compare to the Gladiator pro ?
Because as I see it, the gunfighter is a gladiator pro without all the buttons on the base.
But it cost more, so I must be overlooking something. Can someone take a few moments to explain to me the main differences ?

To help understand my desire : I am more of a "spacesim" than an "planesim" fan, so I would like many many plenty buttons, and a twist axis.

Is there any chance to get a bundle throttle / gladiator pro / twist adaptor / MCG Pro or throttle / gunfighter ECP / twist adaptor / MCG Pro ?

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Mon May 22, 2017 5:28

ECP have more buttons than Gladiator Pro. For more information, please wait for the announcement
We developed several versions of the twist adapter, but didn't choose. Wait for the announcement.

Axenic

Postby Axenic » Mon May 22, 2017 17:25

Many thanks.
Do you have any hints on the waiting time ?

mohebius

Postby mohebius » Fri May 26, 2017 16:20

Hi.

Some time ago VKB told me in an email that you would make available update parts for the Defender Cobra M5.
Can you tell me if this is still the case and if so, when can I expect then to be available?

Thanks for some great products.

Ishtaru

Postby Ishtaru » Sat May 27, 2017 19:58

Hello, i am interested in a Gunfighter Pro + Extension + Warthog adaptor and i have some questions before ordering.
I am used to a 10cm extension and it softened the force to move the Warthog quite a bit but with a 20cm extension the springs have to be very strong to keep a similar force and i really dont like sticks with weak springs like the old X52Pro and the like.
How strong can the springs be, will i be able to make it similar to my current setup?
How is the recentering with the heavy Warthog Grip on the 20cm extension?
When i twist the grip a few degrees to the left to make it more comfortable in a center mount, will it be tight enough to not accidentally twist it back and fourth?
What does it mean when i read "the stick will lean a bit to the left", i really dont like a sloppy center position like for example the TM Cougar has and also the G940 with the non FFB deadzone, its a absolutely no go for me?
My last question, is there a way to get the Pro with extension + Warthog adaptor without the KG12 Grip, it will cost 451 euros and that is quite a bit for just a stick for me, i would like to spare a few euros and buy another Grip later on for Helicopter flight because i dont like the thumb button with the 4 way hat on my Warthog for trimming?
Sry if my english skills are lacking a bit but i hope you understand me good enough, thx i8n advance.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Wed May 31, 2017 0:44

mohebius wrote:Some time ago VKB told me in an email that you would make available update parts for the Defender Cobra M5.
Can you tell me if this is still the case and if so, when can I expect then to be available?

Hello mohebius, yes, it is true. We will offer controllers, extension panels and MaRS sensors for Cobra M5. I believe we will be able to publish it this week.

Ishtaru wrote: I am used to a 10cm extension and it softened the force to move the Warthog quite a bit but with a 20cm extension the springs have to be very strong to keep a similar force and i really dont like sticks with weak springs like the old X52Pro and the like.
How strong can the springs be, will i be able to make it similar to my current setup?

Hello Ishtaru.
Gunfighter Pro comes with extra set of strong springs which are intended to be used with metal grip (like Warthog) and extension. It is difficult to say whether it matches your current setup or not. But you can replace springs with your own set if you like.

Ishtaru wrote: How is the recentering with the heavy Warthog Grip on the 20cm extension?
When i twist the grip a few degrees to the left to make it more comfortable in a center mount, will it be tight enough to not accidentally twist it back and fourth?
What does it mean when i read "the stick will lean a bit to the left", i really dont like a sloppy center position like for example the TM Cougar has and also the G940 with the non FFB deadzone, its a absolutely no go for me?

With regards of centering, Gladiator Pro and Gunfighter series joysticks comes with two set of cams and one set provides strong feeling of centering. Kind of feel of "detent". So, you can replace cams yourself and choose what feel you like more.

Here in EU we do not have Gunfighter Pro yet. It should arrive to us next week. I will ask my colleagues to reply your question about re-centering.
Ishtaru wrote: My last question, is there a way to get the Pro with extension + Warthog adaptor without the KG12 Grip, it will cost 451 euros and that is quite a bit for just a stick for me, i would like to spare a few euros and buy another Grip later on for Helicopter flight because i dont like the thumb button with the 4 way hat on my Warthog for trimming?
Sry if my english skills are lacking a bit but i hope you understand me good enough, thx i8n advance.

I believe it is possible. Let me check with HQ what would be the best way to do so. Maybe we could offer Gunfighter base + Warthog adaptor + Pro kit.

Best regards,
Eduard
VKB FSC Europe
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Fri Jun 02, 2017 16:17

Ishtaru wrote:What does it mean when i read "the stick will lean a bit to the left", i really dont like a sloppy center position like for example the TM Cougar has and also the G940 with the non FFB deadzone, its a absolutely no go for me?

Hi Ishatru,
The stick leans to the left as per design if it used with the extenstion (Pro). Actually, it is a requirements for flight stick position of modern combat jets that the stick is not upright with 90 degrees but leans to the left a bit (up to 4 degrees). It makes it more ergonomical for pilots.
su-35-cockpit.jpg

It is nothing to do with centering. Centering is precise. You can adjust centering as you like, from very strong to helicopter-like centering with very mild center. It all depends on what springs/cams are used and how dry clutches are set.

Ishtaru wrote:My last question, is there a way to get the Pro with extension + Warthog adaptor without the KG12 Grip, it will cost 451 euros and that is quite a bit for just a stick for me, i would like to spare a few euros and buy another Grip later on for Helicopter flight because i dont like the thumb button with the 4 way hat on my Warthog for trimming?

It is possible. Actually a price of KG12 grip and WH adaptor is the same so just order Gunfighter Pro without Warthog adaptor and let me know via email vkb@flightsimcontrols.com that you want to replace a grip with WH adaptor.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Thu Jun 15, 2017 22:49

Sorry if this question has been asked before but is it possible to buy the warthog adaptor for the Gunfighter separately? I have ordered a gunfighter (hopefully to be shipped next week! :D ) but since the MCG won't be around until sometime about November I'd like to use my Warthog grip on it. Star Citizen backer so the standard gunfighter grip is a little bit minimal in terms of buttons! :wink:

Thanks in advance for any answers

Plexus

Postby Plexus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:02

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:59

That's for the Gladiator not the Gunfighter.

Plexus

Postby Plexus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:42

sry, my fault...

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 13:58

What I should do is just email Eduard really. :oops:

Gutser

Postby Gutser » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:13

The Gunfighter with MCG Pro and twist in it. A dream comes true. Questions,
- when can we expect the possibility to Order?
- can we expect the same shipment time as in north america, September?

I'm so excited, can't wait.

Edit: PRO! MCG Pro for sure!

Ishtaru

Postby Ishtaru » Sat Sep 30, 2017 21:06

Eduard VKB FSC wrote:
Ishtaru wrote:What does it mean when i read "the stick will lean a bit to the left", i really dont like a sloppy center position like for example the TM Cougar has and also the G940 with the non FFB deadzone, its a absolutely no go for me?

Hi Ishatru,
The stick leans to the left as per design if it used with the extenstion (Pro). Actually, it is a requirements for flight stick position of modern combat jets that the stick is not upright with 90 degrees but leans to the left a bit (up to 4 degrees). It makes it more ergonomical for pilots.
su-35-cockpit.jpg

It is nothing to do with centering. Centering is precise. You can adjust centering as you like, from very strong to helicopter-like centering with very mild center. It all depends on what springs/cams are used and how dry clutches are set.

Ishtaru wrote:My last question, is there a way to get the Pro with extension + Warthog adaptor without the KG12 Grip, it will cost 451 euros and that is quite a bit for just a stick for me, i would like to spare a few euros and buy another Grip later on for Helicopter flight because i dont like the thumb button with the 4 way hat on my Warthog for trimming?

It is possible. Actually a price of KG12 grip and WH adaptor is the same so just order Gunfighter Pro without Warthog adaptor and let me know via email vkb@flightsimcontrols.com that you want to replace a grip with WH adaptor.

Is the Last point still available? I really want that pro version with the warthog adaptor instead of the KG12 Grip? I shouldnt have waited to long the last time, it was sold so fast, this time i will have one but i want to be sure that this option ist still available, thats wahy i ask again. :)

Edit: Sry if i ask to much but will the new Grip be availabe in a package like in the us shop? I ask because i think that i will never use the warthog grip again if i had the new grip. It will be kind of pointless to buy the WH adaptor when i buy the new Grip anyway.

flashben

Postby flashben » Mon Oct 16, 2017 0:36

Is VKB going to be at Flight sim weekend in Aviodrome during the 4th & 5th of november?

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”