VKB Shipping to UK

Moderator: AdminGroup

ranjeybaby

Re: VKB Shipping to UK

Postby ranjeybaby » Tue Feb 02, 2021 18:27

Thanks for this post, it is nice to have a better understanding of what is actually going on.

Harry84

Postby Harry84 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 20:08

It's fairly unfathomable how many scans seem necessary. I could post my list of tracking events but it would swallow everyones screens. I just spent an hour waiting to be put through to UPS and didn't get through. So I have done what I can my end. I actually work for a company that ships things to/from Europe. I know how bad couriers can be but UPS seems woefully unprepared and unreachable compared to others. I haven't paid any VAT to my knowledge - is it possible that's holdihng things up? I want to be absolutely sure it's just a case of waiting. I will give it longer but at some point I'll need a refund I guess because the lack of assurance from the courier is worrisome - I have my doubts they can resolve the situation.

TemujinRain94

Postby TemujinRain94 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 20:22

I think mines been lost/stolen/extremely damaged by UPS. cleared customs 27/01/21

no movement since that

Phone call handlers (in Guatemala for the UK) have about 5 rote answers to give. was promised a callback by the Stanford depot today before 1630 (three guesses as to what happened with that)

I collared a UPS van on my way home yesterday and they are dropping little notes about paying customs fees at everyone's house. maybe hire more sorters/warehouse staff rather than hiring more members for the 'bright ideas club'

I had Arduino components (sent from outside the UK because I'm an idiot and didn't check where they were coming from) sent via DHL that went through customs no problem (also ordered on the same day as my gunfighter). I think UPS is using Brexit/COVID as an excuse as they couldn't organize a p*** up in a brewery

any chance you could push from your end Eduard (Order #15255)

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Tue Feb 02, 2021 22:47

Cheers for the update Eduard.

UPS are being irresponsible still taking shipments, they need to stop accepting deliveries until they can get the backlog cleared. I can't believe how badly they're handling this, I always thought they were one of the best.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Wed Feb 03, 2021 0:13

Hi guys,

UPS is also steering now the amount of parcels to be shipped to the UK as far as I know.

I have just finished analysis for the UK shipments and see that last week it has been some improvements. ~70-80 % o of parcels were delivered within 7-10 days
But some are stuck for much longer. It is really difficult to predict delivery. Hopefully it will be improved rather soon.

With regards of VAT, I was told by the other customers, than the courier collect needed payment (VAT + some processing fee) upon delivery. It makes sense to have that amount in cash.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Wed Feb 03, 2021 0:49

TemujinRain94 wrote:I think mines been lost/stolen/extremely damaged by UPS. cleared customs 27/01/21
no movement since that

Hi TemujinRain94, no worries, I don't think that there is any problem with your parcel but some delay. I agree that two weeks is too long but the good thing is that it is already in England and being processed. On the tracking I see that a payment is required.

import-fee.jpg

I believe if you pay it online upfront, it would speed up and simplify the delivery for sure.

lynchsl62

Postby lynchsl62 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:17

Placed an order on Dec 24th and it was shipped on 19th January only to be returned to the shipper on 23rd January. I have no idea where the shipment is or whether the original UPS tracking works. Other than knowing that there is a huge issue with UPS I have no idea what is going on or where my items is or whether I will ever receive it.

Around the same time frame, on Jan 1st 2021 I ordered an item from Virpil, this was shipped via DHL on Jan 19th and received on Jan 25th with no issues. I know that Brexit has created a lot of additional paperwork but it would appear that UPS especially UPS NL is the real issue here, have you tried shipping via Germany or Belgium - customs clearance for DHL was in Brussels

I see that others get an update on the forum so trying here. My order number #12797 and the order already includes the VAT as it was pre Brexit.

LateralAnima

Postby LateralAnima » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:39

I was starting to get worried about my NXT shipment but I just had a call from UPS asking for me to email them a copy of the invoice as it wasn't included with the shipment. I assume this is so VAT can be calculated and then it can clear customs.

Mine has been sat in Standford since 27/01 and I think there is just a huge backlog. There was also a delay before it got to the UK mentioning a delay due to missing information from the shipper. With all the confusion I imagine nobody really knows what needs to be included for export.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Wed Feb 03, 2021 13:11

lynchsl62 wrote:Placed an order on Dec 24th and it was shipped on 19th January only to be returned to the shipper on 23rd January. I have no idea where the shipment is or whether the original UPS tracking works. Other than knowing that there is a huge issue with UPS I have no idea what is going on or where my items is or whether I will ever receive it.

Hi lynchsl62,

Your order has been returned. I got a confirmation from UPS that it was a mistake on their side. Most of other pre-paid orders in 2020 were delivered but some apparently was returned back to us. We plan to re-ship it to your address again this week. The 21% VAT will be deducted and refunded. Please, be prepared to pay 20% UK VAT upon arrival.

If DHL is able to deliver to your address with no issues, then I believe UPS will be able to do so as well.

LateralAnima wrote:I was starting to get worried about my NXT shipment but I just had a call from UPS asking for me to email them a copy of the invoice as it wasn't included with the shipment. I assume this is so VAT can be calculated and then it can clear customs.

Mine has been sat in Standford since 27/01 and I think there is just a huge backlog. There was also a delay before it got to the UK mentioning a delay due to missing information from the shipper. With all the confusion I imagine nobody really knows what needs to be included for export.
Hi LateralAnima, tracing statuses do not always reflect real situation. I believe it is used also in case of custom clearance delay. We always provides an original invoice attached to the parcel and issue electronic form for UPS Clearance department. But apparently UK Custom Clearance needs an original invoice from the receiver. It is normal practice in many countries. In the Netherlands it does not require anymore. So, it could deviate between countries. You can just forward our invoice to them and it should be processed. Eventually you would need to pay 20% UK VAT and 11 pounds of processing fee.

lynchsl62

Postby lynchsl62 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 15:40

Eduard VKB FSC wrote:Hi lynchsl62,

Your order has been returned. I got a confirmation from UPS that it was a mistake on their side. Most of other pre-paid orders in 2020 were delivered but some apparently was returned back to us. We plan to re-ship it to your address again this week. The 21% VAT will be deducted and refunded. Please, be prepared to pay 20% UK VAT upon arrival.

If DHL is able to deliver to your address with no issues, then I believe UPS will be able to do so as well.

As it was there mistake I sincerely hope that they will not add any fee as well as the VAT. Can you please double check that with UPS as otherwise I am more interested in a full refund

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Wed Feb 03, 2021 17:06

lynchsl62 wrote:As it was there mistake I sincerely hope that they will not add any fee as well as the VAT. Can you please double check that with UPS as otherwise I am more interested in a full refund
Unfortunately, it is new UK government rule. There is a charge of UK VAT for any shipment from the EU. I think UPS charges 11 pounds for custom clearance on top of that. That's why, I propose to refund NL VAT 21% back to your account and ship the parcel based on the new rules. If you do not want to go that route, we will cancel and refund your order, it is not a problem. Let's discuss it further via ticketing system or email.

lynchsl62

Postby lynchsl62 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 18:06

Lets proceed as you recommend. A few extra days and a few extra pounds will be I am sure worth it. Thanks for monitoring the forum

TemujinRain94

Postby TemujinRain94 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 19:15

the saga continues.

I am now in contact with the UK/IE CCRG Customer Resolution Group of UPS after a scattergun email to the following emails. It seems that the ctomes@ups.com email is the one that sent my case on further but try all of them if you're not getting anywhere
mark.vale@ups.com
keyentryenquiries@ups.com
tamworthhub@ups.com
dabney@ups.com
ctome@ups.com
katherinemerriman@ups.com
kboles@ups.com
preferredgb@ups.com
gbexportqueries@ups.com

having an email sent to most of the head of divisions of the UK, Netherlands, and the US seems to have worked as a lot more information has come to light as to what is going on internally at UPS.

for example, after being told customs was cleared on 27/01 this was inaccurate and wasn't released until 30/01. in UPS's own words

'I have raised a query with our London Hub management in order to have the package located and forwarded on to Exeter where I have made the team there aware of the importance of this delivery and am looking to get this to you as early as possible.'

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Wed Feb 03, 2021 21:55

TemujinRain94 wrote:the saga continues...

I appreciate this list of names, going to send one to them myself and pray someone can get something moving.

Edit - As if by magic I've now had a call back from a customer services manager who is going to get his team on it tomorrow. Thanks again Temujin!

Mpnorth

Postby Mpnorth » Thu Feb 04, 2021 17:19

Hi Everybody

Just got some good news for you. Ordered Rudder Pedals from the site on Monday the 1st February, was requested by UPS late in the evening for VAT and Brokerage Fees, paid by card and received confirmation from UPS of payment the next morning.

Rudder Pedals shipped to the UK and have been delivered to me at home today, Thursday. :D :D :D

So sometimes it works flawlessly.

Just disappointed that because of Brexit I have had to pay this additional Brokerage Fee :twisted: :twisted:

Good Luck to you all

Martin

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”