VKB Shipping to UK

Moderator: AdminGroup

Mr_7

Re: VKB Shipping to UK

Postby Mr_7 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:38

It’s UPS they are useless. Mines been sat in Stanford le hope after customs duties paid for 3 days. Only this morning has it left Stanford (I presume to a depot) delivery now forecast Tuesday. If yours is just bouncing around you need to ring ups and speak to the customs charges group. They will then get you to email a copy of your invoice. This will allow it to come in, they are blaming VKB for this but VKB indicate they already included the correct documentation (which seems true by the phrasing UPS used later in conversation)

Alokeen

Postby Alokeen » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:46

Hm, I had a similar experience with another seller and FedEx... "mising invoice/other info from seller". It may be an universal excuse :(

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:48

Hi guys,

The shipping to the UK is our great concern. Since the UK has left EU, there were new export/import rules implemented. I discussed it with our UPS rep and she confirmed that it is now similar to other non-EU destinations like Norway or Switzerland.
I see that only the first week of the year, the shipments moved rather fast. Now it is all stuck everywhere. Basically, we see parcels stuck in Utrecht for few days, Eindhoven for few days and then somewhere in the UK sorting centers. We do not guarantee that the parcel will arrive within two weeks. It is very common that takes 3 weeks or more to get delivered. However, some parcels somehow arrived in few days. I was told that UPS personnel is expanded. They higher more people but I would expect the quality of delivery to drop. We have to provide tons of paper with each parcel but still has to handle many complaints from the UK customers.

Please, be patient. We tried to ship with DHL but they limit the amount of parcels to accept.

It is quite possible that we stop shipping to the UK in February if UPS or other vendors do not guarantee certain timeframe to deliver.

But I wouldn't blame only delivery companies. They work with government now to pass each parcel through the Custom. I don't know what is the situation there but believe that it might not be efficient.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

ranjeybaby

Postby ranjeybaby » Mon Feb 01, 2021 15:34

Eduard VKB FSC wrote: It is quite possible that we stop shipping to the UK in February if UPS or other vendors do not guarantee certain timeframe to deliver.

hope this doesn't happen, just ordered my first VKB product and it would suck if they became unavailable in the UK in the future :(

Dezeeb

Postby Dezeeb » Mon Feb 01, 2021 16:48

My ship date has slipped again. It’s now 4th Feb, it shipped on the 6th of Jan. I need someone in VKB to escalate this to someone with UPS who has some level of authority. If this was due to missing information or me not paying fees etc. then I’d understand, but they won’t tell me anything. Somebody somewhere must know what’s happening. Is it too late to cancel my order?

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Feb 01, 2021 18:28

Dezeeb wrote:My ship date has slipped again. It’s now 4th Feb, it shipped on the 6th of Jan. I need someone in VKB to escalate this to someone with UPS who has some level of authority. If this was due to missing information or me not paying fees etc. then I’d understand, but they won’t tell me anything. Somebody somewhere must know what’s happening. Is it too late to cancel my order?
What is your order number ? I will check what is happening.

ranjeybaby wrote:hope this doesn't happen, just ordered my first VKB product and it would suck if they became unavailable in the UK in the future :(

I mean to stop shipping only during February and resume it on March again if it is improved. We will observe the situation this week and see how to proceed.

Harry84

Postby Harry84 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 18:42

I'm in the same situation. Have sent 3 emails to support and no reply for 10 days. Can someone please chase this up as it's been nearly 3 weeks sitting in Holland - went to the UK only to be sent back again. I'm worried it's never going to clear.

You need to provide them the correct information or persuade UPS that they have enough information or give me a refund at this point. I get there are brexit related customs issues going on at the moment but there is no reason it should be held up this long in any event. Please chase this up with UPS. I don't have time to spend half an hour sitting in queue with UPS to confirm what is going on.

Not to mention you didn't specify the additional tax on your site.

Order #15217 - they probably need an invoice - send it PLZ!

Coops5947

Postby Coops5947 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 19:13

order #15361, mine is the same as I stated I WILL BE OUT OF THE UK FROM THURSDAY. For three months.

I really need answers. Or a refund

Dezeeb

Postby Dezeeb » Mon Feb 01, 2021 19:28

My order ref is #15131. Thanks.

MoleUK

Postby MoleUK » Mon Feb 01, 2021 19:40

Eduard VKB FSC wrote:
Dezeeb wrote:My ship date has slipped again. It’s now 4th Feb, it shipped on the 6th of Jan. I need someone in VKB to escalate this to someone with UPS who has some level of authority. If this was due to missing information or me not paying fees etc. then I’d understand, but they won’t tell me anything. Somebody somewhere must know what’s happening. Is it too late to cancel my order?
What is your order number ? I will check what is happening.

ranjeybaby wrote:hope this doesn't happen, just ordered my first VKB product and it would suck if they became unavailable in the UK in the future :(

I mean to stop shipping only during February and resume it on March again if it is improved. We will observe the situation this week and see how to proceed.

Ship date of 6th Jan here too and still isn't here. Order number 15129.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Mon Feb 01, 2021 21:38

I've just spoken to UPS (again), this time they told me it's missing an invoice and I need to contact the seller, it won't be released from Netherlands until it has it. They also said I can send a copy of my invoice to ukpostclear@ups.com so I've done that, for all of you still waiting it might be worth sending your invoice and tracking number to that email address.

Fingers crossed this does something, but I'm close to giving up hope.

Mr_7

Postby Mr_7 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 22:30

So my shipment has just been delivered today. UPS just texted to say I can arrange delivery tomorrow as that is there delivery day. Even though they already delivered it.

The information they are saying they need from VKB is information you can provide. I think I posted it earlier and the poster before me suggested the same. UPS evidently need your copy invoice. In my case they phoned me to ask me to provide an email to get me to provide the additional import evidence because they were treating me as an importer (like a business). I don’t know what more VKB a can do to help this as it all seems a UPS/Customs issue and UPS take the easy option Of blaming VKB.

Oh yeah the box has been squashed to hell. But they did a good job on the packaging so the contents were fine.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Tue Feb 02, 2021 13:43

Harry84 wrote:Order #15217 - they probably need an invoice - send it PLZ!

It is stuck, indeed. The paper invoices are probably lost. There are many new people hired to work on the UK parcels and I am sure it will be some lost papers etc... But they didn't ask me (usually they ask if they miss anything) I have sent the invoice to my UPS contact. I hope it helps. We provides with each parcel 3 sheets of invoices in UPS format, 3 copy of original invoice and also electronic invoices.

Coops5947 wrote:order #15361, mine is the same as I stated I WILL BE OUT OF THE UK FROM THURSDAY. For three months.

It is handled one week by now. I am afraid it would not arrive to you by Thursday. Realistic timeframe for the UK shipments is 2-3 weeks. For example, parcels to Switzerland are delivered in 2-3 days. To Norway it takes 4-5 days. It will be improved for the UK as well I am sure but who knows when it happens.

Dezeeb wrote:My order ref is #15131. Thanks.
It is almost a month... Escalated to UPS. I hope it will start moving.

MoleUK wrote:Ship date of 6th Jan here too and still isn't here. Order number 15129.
Horrible... escalated to the UPS and sent them the invoice again. I hope it will work out.

Harry84

Postby Harry84 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 15:26

I do actually need this as I have already received the table mounts etc and don't want to be left with table mounts it is too late to return and no stick! Please call them - emails are not enough at this point - we need more effort on your part guys - appreciate the inefficiency may lie with them but it is still your responsibility to get us our orders. I will email them too.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Tue Feb 02, 2021 17:38

Hi Harry and all,

I have discussed your case (and other cases) today with our UPS rep. Well, the parcels are laying in Eindhoven or in the trucks awaiting for permission to move to UK. The sorting centers in the Netherlands are very busy but now in much better state as new personnel were hired and additional weekend shifts were arranged. However, the UK sorting centers is still heavily overloaded and situation is not getting better. I would suggest just wait, it moves but much slower than everyone wants. All paperwork is provided, nothing is missing from our side.

We currently put shipping to the UK on hold until the end of February. It does not make any sense to ship the parcels and let them laying somewhere in Eindhoven sorting centers for weeks.
The same situation for more expensive express service. It arrives faster but then will stuck with clearance process anyway. But that's for the new orders. The existing one we could ship but propose to postpone shipping or cancel it. For the one which is being delivered, there is no way to influence it. Normal process to interrupt or divert the shipping currently does not work as the highest priority to get the parcel pass the clearance.

Some people told me that the parcel were moved to the UK and than back to the NL according to the tracking info. Actually, it does not mean that the parcel physically moves. UPS tries to speed it up by clearing the parcel upfront. The custom information is passed to the UK clearance department before the parcel crosses the EU border (also to minimize returns and rejections). When it is cleared for custom office, it still need to get a permission to transport. It is currently limited by a capacity of the sorting centers in the UK.

The situation is exceptional...

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”