Question about UK 20% VAT & duty tax.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Galeb

Re: Question about UK 20% VAT & duty tax.

Postby Galeb » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:00

Package still stuck in Eindhoven for over a week VKB please send them the invoice and information they requier for customs clearence......

MoleUK

Postby MoleUK » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:09

TemujinRain94 wrote:After much arguing with UPS, my stick cleared customs this morning

it might be worth speaking to the UPS clearance team and manually providing your invoice from VKB. I can't see my stuff being sent back and forth.

so fingers crossed it turns up

not paying customs/duty until I have the package in my hand. been stung before by prepaying it then my package getting lost/rejected

can I join the fed up with UPS train and their everything is screwed because of Brexit excuses? your (UPS) a multinational company and had more than enough time to prep for the absolute chaos that leaving the EU is causing.

the VKB's defence these issues are happening both ways (import & export). even homemade gifts that my Czech stepmom sent to her mom have been stuck in customs and needed duty paid

It's worth noting: The UPS tracking website doesn't provide all the tracking info, so it might not show much if any activity. Use the app to see all the detail.

MoleUK

Postby MoleUK » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:13

Mr_7 wrote:Just Brexit. I provided everything UPS said was missing. Paid import fees. It came back to uk today. Rejected by customs again this evening. Getting a bit fed up now.

Hm, maybe ill just sit and wait another week or two to see if something budges on it's own. At least if talking to UPS and paying the fee didn't change anything. Please keep us updated.

My pedals just went through an export scan 3 days in a row with no other update, back in the NL again.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:58

Guys, thank you for sharing your experience. I hope to get in contact with UPS rep on Monday to clarify overall situation. UPS informed us last week that delays are expected. When we realized that delays are very long, tried to ship via DHL but they even didn't accept our parcels (due to overload).

I think the best is to wait until finally the parcel passes all checks and sortings. I don't see the way to speed it up. The sorting centers are piled up. We provided tons of paper with each parcel to comply any requirements but do not see steady delivery time. Some parcels could be delivered within a week, some ones take 3 weeks to arrive. I am afraid it will not be resolved soon.

As a contrary, we ship to Switzerland. Same situation, Switzerland is also not in EU. UPS delivers to the address in two days. In both examples we provide all needed papers both printed and electronically and it seems that Swiss custom could handle it much faster.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:04

MoleUK wrote:
Mr_7 wrote:My pedals just went through an export scan 3 days in a row with no other update, back in the NL again.

I wouldn't trust to this information much. It might be misleading (as far as I saw in few cases). I guess that the processes are not fully adjusted to the new post-Brexit situation therefore the scan status might be not relevant.

MoleUK

Postby MoleUK » Mon Feb 01, 2021 20:57

Yes that might be the case. What worries me is the scans show it did arrive in the UK 3 times and was returned to the NL each time, which makes me suspect it's not an incorrect scan but something is being rejected and it's in a loop. It was dispatched Jan 6th. I will phone UPS tomorrow to see what they say and get back to you.

If you could check order number 15129 from your end it would be much appreciated, cheers.

Jonay

Postby Jonay » Fri Feb 12, 2021 23:02

I have a question that a raised a support ticket on that I have not yet received an answer to:

I pad the EU VAT when I ordered to the UK, and I have now been since charged the 20% UK VAT (+import fees) by UPS.

Will VKB refund me the 15% EU VAT that I paid when I ordered?

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:26

Hi Jonay,

We do not charge any tax for the UK customers since the 1st of January 2021.

Regular prices including VAT are 199 EUR for T-Rudder, 185 EUR for NXT Premium, 142 EUR for NXT Standard, 417 EUR for GF3 MCG Pro. You can compare with your invoice.

Those prices are only for destinations within EU. All non-EU destinations like Norway, Switzerland, UK, Serbia are not charged with VAT 21%. Instead, recepients pay local import taxes.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”