Configuring VKB rudder pedals Mk IV

Moderator: AdminGroup

SquadronLeader

Configuring VKB rudder pedals Mk IV

Postby SquadronLeader » Mon Sep 16, 2019 13:59

Hi

I have just received my new rudder pedals and connected them to my flight sim, which is P3D 4.5. They are working, but as well as controlling the rudder, everytime I depress the pedals they also control the elevators. Appreciate if someone could tell me how I fix this.

I am using Windows 10, and have configured and calibrated the pedals in P3D

Sokol1

Re: Configuring VKB rudder pedals Mk IV

Postby Sokol1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 22:45

Probable your issue is not with the hardware, but with game assignment', in P3D controls look for elevator and clean VKB T-Rudder assignment.

Some games - don't know specifically P3D, like DCS World assign functions automatically for every controller (joy, throttle, pedal...) plugged, an result that more hinder than help, with throttle axis controlling ailerons, rudder pedal axis controlling elevator, etc.

SquadronLeader

Postby SquadronLeader » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:14

Thanks for your advice. I agree with you that it is probably the assignment in P3D controls..................but I select the axis which is automatically defined when I depress a pedal. I then clear all other axis, and calibrate the pedals. So all should be good..........................so not sure what else I should be doing to de link the pedals controlling the elevator.

Any further suggestions appreciated

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 19:38

Maybe you should first calibrate the pedals in the configurator and only then start the game?
A screenshot from the Profile-Axes tab would help a lot.

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 19:15

SquadronLeader wrote:..so not sure what else I should be doing to de link the pedals controlling the elevator.

When in PrePAR Settings - Controls, you select VKB T-Rudder in "Controller Type" their X (unique) axis appear assigned for elevator?

If not, probable some "virtual axis" of Black Box - besides the X axis are enabled and is automatically set by PrePAR Controls.

SquadronLeader

Postby SquadronLeader » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:52

In case anyone else has the same problem - I managed to fix it by using the configuration tool. Open the profile, remove all the ticks, and just place a tick in the top left hand box - all worked well for me.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”