I am an idiot - need help!

Moderator: AdminGroup

h00b

I am an idiot - need help!

Postby h00b » Mon May 20, 2024 8:14

So, I did a booboo and I bought the wrong things. I am very happy to buy more things, to fix my setup, but I am not sure what to buy.
for context I Decided to bite the bullet and buy some flight panels, for more clicky button goodness (I was going to put them through my Gladiator EVO with an omni throttle). so I bought

1x SEM
1x FSM-GA
1x mounting bracket for the UCM mounts.

And I thought I would mount the SEM module to the gladiator, and the FSM-GA through it.

only after did I realise that I cant mount the SEM to the left of the evo thanks to the omni throttle. Utter screw up - my fault entirely. Clearly says it on the SEM page, I just didnt read it.

So now I want to fix this and mount the SEM and FSM-GA to a multi function holder. But Im leery of buying the wrong thing again.

I think what I need, is an MFH and a GNX USB Controller (HID-Main) but I just watched the videos, and from what I can tell I will also require a JST -> USB cable. and I ve been through the store pages, and not only can I not find this cable, the GNX usb controller doesnt seem to come with it either.

pls halp!

fallout9

Re: I am an idiot - need help!

Postby fallout9 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:33

So, if you want to run the SEM and FSM as an independent unit you'll need the following:
- SEM, FSM-GA, MFH (you already got these);
- JST to USB C cable;
- GNX HID Controller.

You'll install the GNX HID Controller into the SEM, connect the SEM to the FSM by the JST to USB C cable (JST to SEM, USB C to FSM) and plug the SEM to USB with the included USB power cable.

Delta

Postby Delta » Mon May 20, 2024 9:37

MFH is really for desktop use. Not sure it would mesh well with a UCM-based setup.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon May 20, 2024 21:03

That's right, that unit will have to stay on the desk.

Show us a pic with your setup, OP, so we can see if you can integrate the 2 modules into the UCM; for example, if you have 2 UCMs you can get a module on each, so you won't need the MFH anymore.

Return to “General discussions”