KG12 on Omni throttle right hand?

Moderator: AdminGroup

epower

KG12 on Omni throttle right hand?

Postby epower » Thu Apr 25, 2024 21:59

Can a KG12 grip fit on the Omni throttle or is it SCG only?

Thanks,

fallout9

Re: KG12 on Omni throttle right hand?

Postby fallout9 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 23:22

The Gladiator EVO works with the KG12. If you already have the grip make sure it's the new model of the grip. You might also need a tail connector to use with the Gladiator if it's been used on a Gunfighter base.
If unsure, post some pics with the grip.

Delta

Postby Delta » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08

I understood the question as being about the angled omnithrottle adapter, not the evo base. Do not have a new KG12 here to test, but it would depend on the base I reckon. From my recollection it is a lot more flared than on the SCG, and the SCG is really the sort of grip the omnithrottle was designed for. The twist module footprint for new KG12 is the same as for SCG, so it ought to fit on the inside, but that does not mean something will not get in the way on the outside.

epower

Postby epower » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:48

Thanks for the replies.
Let me elaborate. I'm working to help a friend who is losing strength in his hands and I thought that the lateral orientation of the OTA would make it easier for him to keep flying.

I plan to purchase an EVO base, the angled tailpiece and one or both of the grips. I have both the SCG and the KG12 for my ancient Gunfighter but after some experimental fiddling I believe that the KG12 would be better than the SCG since the former has a smoother handle and a longer trigger. Hence my inquiry as to whether or not it would attach to the OTA.

Cheers!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 21:49

I thing the SCG grip would be better for your friend. It has a pistol grip shape and the hand could stay on the grip while having access to all buttons. The trigger is also easier to use than the one on the KG12; it's also stronger and the finger could rest on it when not firing.

Return to “General discussions”