F-14 GFIV Button Combination Question

Moderator: AdminGroup

Kageseigi

F-14 GFIV Button Combination Question

Postby Kageseigi » Fri Jan 05, 2024 13:31

As I was playing DCS with my F-14 grip on the Gunfighter IV, I was holding trying to fire two weapons at once: guns on the first and second buttons (first and second stages of the main trigger) and rockets on the third button (red thumb button). But I noticed that my rockets weren't firing when I had the main trigger activated (at either stage). It's not really much of an issue, but it did make me curious, so I confirmed in the VKB software that Button 1 is overriding Button 3. It is also overriding Button 4 (the push function when the weapon selector switch is set to SP/PH). I didn't notice any other conflicts.

Is that normal behavior? Or is there a way to allow all of those inputs at once? Thank you! :-)

mig_tig

Re: F-14 GFIV Button Combination Question

Postby mig_tig » Fri Feb 16, 2024 22:46

Not sure with the VKB stick... But on a real F14 both rockets and guns are fired from the trigger.

That's why they have the weapons selector switch on the stick. Top gun got that part right!

It's one of the differences between Air Force and navy planes AFAIK... Air Force uses the red "pickle" button on the back to fire rockets/drop bombs with the gun always assigned to the trigger.

Kageseigi

Re: F-14 GFIV Button Combination Question

Postby Kageseigi » Tue Apr 09, 2024 0:05

Haha, very true, very true! I must confess, I did fail to mention that I was flying the F-5 module on DCS with the F-14 stick :-P

Return to “General discussions”