Black frame + detents

Moderator: AdminGroup

mattcaron

Black frame + detents

Postby mattcaron » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:53

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but I have to ask... why doesn't the black frame allow for setting custom detents?

1. I have no application where I want no detents.
2. The STECS includes some nice black matching plastic backs... which are of no use because you can't use them with the black frame.
3. Black means space and for space games I want a detent in the middle!

Just curious why this design decision was made.

(Not that anyone owes me any explanations, I just always ask "why" in cases like this.)

fallout9

Re: Black frame + detents

Postby fallout9 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:58

It's merely a suggestion to not use the black frame with detents, it's not like you can't slap some detents on it. Adding the line PimpMySTECS=1 to the zconfig.ini, under the [User] section will provide even detents setup options for the black frame.

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Fri Nov 03, 2023 15:25

Ah, excellent! That ini file change was exactly what I needed. Now I have all the things!

One of the many reasons why VKB is awesome. Well done!

Also, by way of feedback.. I got the STECS Max and it has ALL THE BUTTONS. So many buttons. And I can change many of the buttons to.. OTHER BUTTONS!

Love it.

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Sat Nov 04, 2023 20:35

Follow-up.

For some reason, after setting up my STECS with PimpMySTECS on, I played some, shut the computer down, then came back the next day and the Detents panel was empty - no way to change the config.

Changing PimpMySTECS back to 0 resolves the issue. I can no longer change the black detent, but that wasn't the one I was messing with so that is fine.

So, it's slightly bugged, but not in a way that I can't do what I need.

Not sure if this is known or not. If not, and you need screenshots or something, just ask.

Return to “General discussions”