Load profiles and marcros from command line

Moderator: AdminGroup

okopanja

Load profiles and marcros from command line

Postby okopanja » Sat Oct 28, 2023 16:33

Here is a feature request from me: As a player regularly playing DCS, I switch from module to module and as result have the need to load the different profile configuration/macro definitions.

I would like to automate this not to require any manual interaction: when I switch the module DCS should be able to load corresponding profile.

I would like to implement a script hook in lua which would call not yet developed VKB tool: VKBCmdCfg.exe which would have 3 options: --device (designating VKB device) --profileFile (if specified designating profile file to be loaded and set to device) --macroFile (if specified, designating macro sequence file to be loaded and set to device).

okopanja

Re: Load profiles and marcros from command line

Postby okopanja » Wed Nov 15, 2023 13:17

Could we get some feedback on this request/proposal?

neok23

Postby neok23 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 15:01

I think what you want to do is setting up different layers with different configurations and a button to cycle through these modes.

okopanja

Postby okopanja » Fri Nov 17, 2023 19:39

This is certainly a possibility and I will explore this possibility as a workaround, however it is not the same, since I would not be able to do it automatically when I reslot to different airplane.
E.g. Flanker/F-16/JF-17 all have different configurations and in some cases I use customized macros.

Also drawback of your solution would be to sacrifice precious VKB button for this, since we can not manage the non VKB-devices (e.g. assign acction to multimedia keyboard).

Also I am interested into learning from you how would you implement layers/modes.

icetea

Postby icetea » Thu Mar 07, 2024 18:35

I second okopanja's request. it's really useful.

Return to “General discussions”