Mini Base For STECS Standard?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Gussy

Mini Base For STECS Standard?

Postby Gussy » Fri Sep 08, 2023 13:43

Hi,

I was looking at getting the Mini to keep the footprint small, but realised that didn't come with the extra grips, detents, modules etc. - you only get these packaged with Standard.

If I add all those to the cart with the Mini it's the same price as Standard, so feels like I might as well get Standard since the button panel is 'free'. However if I didn't want to use it, can I take the button panel off? Or would I be left with the large baseplate and no way to go to a smaller baseplate? I can't see different plates in the store.

Thanks!

DeadWalking

Re: Mini Base For STECS Standard?

Postby DeadWalking » Fri Sep 08, 2023 17:16

If you go Standard you will not benefit from the smaller footprint and the STEM once removed will not have a back cover.
Due to it being part of the Standard base plate.

If you want the smaller footprint you are better off getting the mini.

I am not sure if the other baseplates will be put up for individual sale or not.

Gussy

Postby Gussy » Fri Sep 08, 2023 19:13

Well that's what I'm wondering. I assume you must be able to at some point, as you're supposed to be able to convert your mini to a max. So would make sense to be able to do the reverse.

Gussy

Postby Gussy » Fri Sep 08, 2023 19:16

Given the STEM costs $50, you'd hope someone wanting the Mini footprint AND all the customisations wouldn't be paying the same as someone buying the Standard that gets the STEM. Feels like there should be a saving there...

Return to “General discussions”