Question About Purchasing STECS Switches

Moderator: AdminGroup

mattcaron

Re: Question About Purchasing STECS Switches

Postby mattcaron » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:35

My STECS arrived today and I see what you mean about that hat being.. odd.

However, I grabbed my SCG grip and pulled the hat off that miniskick and it's the same size stem. It looks a little small but feels fine.

So, as a stopgap, if the factory could just throw one of those in the box, it would be a quick "band aid" solution.

On the 3d printed front, I'd need to play with scale, but assuming these

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4821808

are for switches and not the mini stick, then the stem is too small. However, as I said, the one from the SCG looks too small. Scaling it up would probably fix both problems.

kosta

Postby kosta » Sat Dec 16, 2023 21:24

I also received the STECS Max, and I can also say that this huge imprecise hat (TDC, how you call it) was the first thing I wanted exchanged, and was also highly disappointed that I couldn't do that. I would very much like to see a possibility to exchange that one to something more meaningful. As described in the OP, I think it makes sense. Concave hat, with easier press, and without detents on the axes, if possible. Something similar that my MCGU has.

wilouz

Postby wilouz » Fri Jan 19, 2024 13:12

hi,
can we switch th position of the (mini stick on the thumb ) to the Forefinger position ?
or to plug a other one on this position ?
thx

Delta

Postby Delta » Mon Jan 29, 2024 17:20

None of the button module slots accept analog sticks

diamond

Postby diamond » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:22

fallout9 wrote:Noted, already working on that.

Using my STECS Mini plus and while I'm happy with it so far, I do wonder if you are going to provide an alternative button for ministick anytime soon.
Thanks

Str][ker

Postby Str][ker » Mon Feb 19, 2024 18:16

fallout9 wrote:Noted, already working on that.

Hi Fallout9,
It has been a while since we last heard from you. Do you happen to have any idea when additional buttons and a replacement mini stick hat will be made available? When I opened a ticket it really didn't help. It was essentially a thank you for asking but we don't have any buttons available to sell separately at this time etc.
While I have adapted to the hat style and the lack of extra boat switch / 3 position buttons, it would still be an improvement in my use of the STECS if such replacements were made available. Do you know if this is still being looked into or was a decision made to either not sell these or to sell them but at a later date? If a later date, any ideas when that might be?

Thanks again!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:20

There are too many combinations of small parts and buttons to list them all on the website, but anything should be made available as special order through a service ticket.
Please post your ticket number, I'll look into your request.

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Sun Mar 10, 2024 0:57

For anyone watching, I was thinking about this today and found this:

https://www.printables.com/model/712507 ... s-throttle

I figure I'll throw it on the printer this weekend.

Str][ker

Postby Str][ker » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:38

fallout9 wrote:There are too many combinations of small parts and buttons to list them all on the website, but anything should be made available as special order through a service ticket.
Please post your ticket number, I'll look into your request.

To be honest, this is a poor excuse. The STECS has I think THREE button types.
1) Single Press (straight down) (and with the Max, I have a total of FIVE of these and I do not use ANY)
2) Two position plus press (boat switch) (With the Max I have ONE of these and would love more)
3) Four position plus press

Asking VKB to sell these on the web site for a throttle which the company pushes as being highly configurable with swappable buttons is hardly unrealistic or difficult to do. I like the throttle and I will obviously continue to use it but I'm sure that many of us are disappointed to see the lack of effort by VKB to make the buttons available to purchase.
Additionally, asking for a better hat for the throttle's mini stick or whatever it's called is not unreasonable. The current one sucks (to be blunt).

I mean if VKB wants to leave money on the table because it's too cumbersome to sell these items as a separate item then just tell us all that VKB has no intention of selling anything else for the STECS. We have been lead to believe that VKB would sell these items once the initial surge in sales was done. Well, here we are and now we are told that it's too difficult to do which is unfortunate for those of us who had hoped for a followup. Oh well.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:44

I just said that you could get anything if you ask for it. Your conclusions and the tone of your post make me stop here on this subject.

Bit

Postby Bit » Tue Mar 19, 2024 20:40

I contacted VKB and after considerable time they finally send me the hat from Gunfighter IV it fits perfectly. However, the thump stick still pain to use. I feel the issue is the way it sits. Wrong angle IMO. It should have been placed where your thumb can wrest more naturally . Perhaps it's jut me, but It's simply feels unnatural to use and honestly I hardly do now. I love the throttle it's really feels solid and build with outstanding quality...but some of the button placements/angle and the thumbstick just suck. BTW I play a lot of games with controllers both on console as well as PC and owned quiet of few of them so using thumbsticks is not an issue for me. Personally I prefer Virpil's approach. Just my honest opinion.

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:41

mattcaron wrote:For anyone watching, I was thinking about this today and found this:

https://www.printables.com/model/712507 ... s-throttle

I figure I'll throw it on the printer this weekend.

Finally got around to printing this (delayed by buying a new printer and then spending a month printing things for said new printer) and it works and feels great.

Return to “General discussions”