Can i program a hat switch for 'pan view'??

Moderator: AdminGroup

akstirling

Can i program a hat switch for 'pan view'??

Postby akstirling » Sat Jul 22, 2023 16:12

Hi ... have spent a day on and off trying to set up 'pan view' on one of the 3 hats on my new Gladiator NXT Evo ... using FSUIPC to set it up, have contacted John Dowson, but no luck there ... can some one confirm whether it is possible or not, so i can stop knocking my head off a brick wall ... my version is 'Space Combat Model' with standard handle ... appreciate if you could tell me the function of the red button next to the hats?? ..... thanks

fallout9

Re: Can i program a hat switch for 'pan view'??

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 19:59

On the Standard SCG grip, the A1 position is a hat switch with 4 ways and center push button.
But please, if you have more questions on this just update your original thread, don't open a new one. I'll leave this here so you could find it, then I'll move it to its place, in Technical Advice.

akstirling

Postby akstirling » Sun Jul 23, 2023 13:06

Hi ... pleased to advise got all 3 hats working straight off the bat in MSFS ... that should keep me happy for a bit ... appreciate your help ... alan

akstirling

Postby akstirling » Tue Jul 25, 2023 22:14

Afraid i spoke too soon ... reaching the point of being overwhelmed by the complexity of this hardware ...thought i try again, so pressed the default button, tried to follow the config instructions on the manual, got so far then lost the thread and got an error message ...reading on i came to an automatic method, which even more complicated ... i am not a 'power user' all i'm looking for is an improvement on my previous which was well and truly past it ... simply to enjoy the precision of the NXT axes, backed up by programming the hat switches for view manipulation ... as mentioned in earlier message i got the hats working one day, but next day they were gone ... an exercise in frustration(correction hat A3 works) ... alan

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:43

Not sure why you would have lost your HATs working one day and not the next.
Makes me wonder if something happened with the MSFS device profile.
Once setup in VKBDevCFG and verified to work as desired there isn't really anything you can do to change them unless you defaulted again in VKBDevCFG.

VKB Discord
We have a discord server handy if you were comfortable jumping in a screen share. I might be able to remove some of the confusion and possibly help get your HAT/Pan Views setup in MSFS. I am a native English speaker only so there is that small hurdle that I can only help in English. Just incase that might be a problem.

akstirling

Postby akstirling » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:43

Hi ... no language problem, I'm a Scot, so only minor differences from Standard English . Would be happy to welcome you to
my PC ... !

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:52

Right on!
I am on there from midday or so, until pretty early morning my time most days. Like 2-3 am West Coast US time.
We have others on there that know VKBDevCFG also. So if I am not around there should be someone that can help.
Just hit me up if/when you join the server.

akstirling

Postby akstirling » Thu Jul 27, 2023 13:35

Hi There ... pleased to receive the details, any chance you could explain how i 'join the server' as not familiar with how to do that ... and give me the time you mention you're available in Greenwich Mean Time ... afraid such complexities beyond the scope of my elderly brain! ...

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Thu Jul 27, 2023 14:39

Opening the link to the Discord server should open it in a browser and if Discord is open should redirect to the application.
https://discord.gg/UJAdpdHpYm

Being logged into the website when clicking the join links might be a factor. It has been a little bit since I joined one.

About 9 PM to 11 AM UTC usually. It can vary a bit for me though. I happen to still be around today.

akstirling

Postby akstirling » Thu Jul 27, 2023 21:50

Becoming suspicious that there something wrong with my PC or the software ...all of a sudden too many odd behaviours to relate ... for example when i click on P3D icon to run it Steam runs through the opening sequence of MSFS ... my copy of P3D is standalone ... no connection whatsoever with Steam ... the stick has now stopped responding to the pitcht/roll/yaw input ...think i should consider doing a clean install of W10, much as that will pain me ... if after that things are back to sensible behaviour, i'll get in touch ... thanks for your input so far ...

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:49

Hmmm. Makes me wonder in what little I read about P3d and FSUIPC if they are designed to launch MSFS.
I feel like I saw that mentioned somewhere on the main page of the descriptions.
If you own it via Steam, it makes sense that it would launch Steam to launch MSFS.
At least from what I understood from my quick look into FSUIPC.

I saw you did make it into the discord. Sorry, I held out as long as I could before crashing out.
At least it will be easy to get some direct help quickly in the future.

Not everyone on Discord will be able to help with FSUIPC. I have never used it, but I am curious how it plays with devices and communicates with MSFS.
So I am willing to put some time into helping with that if I can, once we get your HATs/buttons setup as desired.

Return to “General discussions”