Purchase advice NXT/GNX hardware

Moderator: AdminGroup

Fritzoune

Purchase advice NXT/GNX hardware

Postby Fritzoune » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:44

Hi, when everything is back in stock I'd like to order the following for my MSFS2020 - mostly GA planes.

*Gladiator NXT EVO 'Space Combat Edition' - SCG Premium Right
*GNX THQ (Throttle Quadrant)
*GNX SEM (Side Extension Module)
*GNX FSM-GA (Front Switchboard Module – General Aviation)
*GNX MFH (Multi Functional Holder)

Are there any other mandatory accessories I would need to have all of this running ?
Like " GNX USB Controller (HID-Main)" (I don't really understand what it is).

As I don't want to make a wrong order, I would like to have every piece of hardware running fine.
My understanding is that all hardware are wired together and the HOTAS will be connected on the USB port of the computer. So every required cable is provided with each of these items.

Thanks for your help.

fallout9

Re: Purchase advice NXT/GNX hardware

Postby fallout9 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 20:56

If you plan to have all modules connected to the Gladiator EVO, then you have everything you need on the list (make sure you order the desktop position THQ and SEM modules and not the Vertical ones). This way, you'll get a single USB device. The THQ will get linked to the SEM with one of the 4 wires JST cables, the module adjacent to the EVO will get connected to the EVO by the 3 wires JST cable and the FSM module will get connected to either THQ or SEM module by the USB-C to USB-C cable. You could find some guides on similar builds here, here and here.

The GNX HID module would help you if, for some reason, you'd plan to split the modules from the Gladiator EVO and get them running as an independent USB device. I suggest to get it too, it'd be cheaper to have it at hand rather than paying shipping again for it if you'll ever consider splitting up the modules.

Fritzoune

Postby Fritzoune » Thu Apr 27, 2023 22:35

Great ! Thanks for the clear answer !

Fritzoune

Postby Fritzoune » Thu May 25, 2023 1:29

Order secured ! :)

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu May 25, 2023 1:54

Nice :) update this thread with any questions please, or join our official Discord server.

Return to “General discussions”