WWII Throttle / THQ USB connector and detent

Moderator: AdminGroup

mattcaron

WWII Throttle / THQ USB connector and detent

Postby mattcaron » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:28

Hey folks,

So I had a bit of an impulse to do some WWII flight sims so I bought a GNX KG12 and a WWII Throttle setup (with the SEM and THQ).

First, I'm sad for the switch to USB-C. Not only is it a less robust connector, I also already have cables with USB-B ends run to the right spots on my desk to connect the GF and GNX sticks. So, I got a male USB-C to female USB-B cable and zip tied it to the mount - easy fix.

Second, I'm using the throttle and button panel and am liking it very much - so much that I think I want to use it for jets too... But this means that it needs a detent. It can be a fixed detent - I just need to know where full military power ends and afterburner begins. But it also needs to be easily removable so I can switch from propeller aircraft to jets.

I was thinking of doing up something in CAD that clips on to the base and adds a sort of clip at the top of the range that gives you some resistance that you need to push through to get to the end of the movement range.

Does anyone have any better ideas for this (or, even better, knows someone who already did this and can point me in that direction?)

Thanks in advance.

Return to “General discussions”