Replacement Question

Moderator: AdminGroup

The Artful Dodger

Replacement Question

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Mar 03, 2023 14:11

Hello, All:

I have just discovered the VKB joysticks and I must say I am impressed!

I currently have a Thrust Master T.16000M Joystick which I use left-handed for MSFS2020 but I am not very happy with it. I have a terrible time, for example, making a constant rate turn or constant rate of climb or descent. I think it's because the pressure is so high.

Because they are adjustable, I am considering the MCG Ultimate w/built-in twist module. Do you think that would be better for my situation?

Can I purchase this in left-handed mode? I notice they are out of stock - do you have any idea when you will have more?

Thanks in advance for your help!

fallout9

Re: Replacement Question

Postby fallout9 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 21:32

The only left hand grip from our lineup is the SCG, Premium or Standard. We also provide 2 bases - the Gladiator NXT EVO and the GunFighter. First one is easy to move around your desk, a few options of springs, dampeners and generally hassle free; second one could be used on the desk too, but it's metal with swappable 4 sets of cams cams and multiple springs combinations, so it could get more adjustments.
About the products being out of stock - we have several local stores, which one are you referring to and for which product?

The Artful Dodger

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:24

Hello, fallout9:

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.

I have already prepared a response to yours but I lost it and had to start over. Anyway, I'll start with the left-hand request. I am naturally right-handed but moved the joystick to the left so that I could control the mouse with my right. However, since I wrote my first message, I decided to try reversing everything and, instead of using the mouse, use the keyboard. I will try that tomorrow.

Regarding my choice of joystick, I originally picked the MK.III base because I presume it will give me the greatest tension flexibility. Then I liked the MCG Ultimate with the twist module. BUT, then I just watched a video about that joystick and discovered it was very large and I have quite small hands. So, from your smaller sticks, which comes the closest to the features of the MCG Ultimate?

Regarding the stores, the web led me to believe VKB only had two stores - one in the US and one in Europe - is that wrong?

Thanks again for the quick reply and I look forward to hearing from you again soon.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:23

We actually have more stores, in Australia, India, many other countries served from the Aliexpress store.
The MCGU is definitely taller than the SCG, but in no case hard to use; but this depends on its position - if it's mounted with the base at leg level then it's easy to handle. If it's on a high desk and user sits on a low chair, then it'd be uncomfortable to use it properly.

The Artful Dodger

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:28

I live in England so I guess it's the European store for me?

Regarding the SCG class, I am a bit confused with the web store. When I go to the Gunfighter MK.III and click on the 'grip type', it allows me to select an SCG Premium! Is that the same thing as the MCGU but a bit shortened? I don't understand the difference between the Gunfighter and Space versions either but I definitely want the twist module (no pedals). Does this rule out the SCG?

This is a very expensive investment so I want to insure I get the right product! Thanks for your help.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:00

GunFighter = base;
MCG = Modern Combat Grip - comes with twist or no twist versions;
MCGU = Modern Combat Grip Ultimate - same as MCG, but metal, LEDs and swappable ministicks; comes with twist or no twist versions;
SCG = Space Combat Grip - comes in Standard and Premium variants (last has more buttons); only with twist version.

Return to “General discussions”