And another suggestion/request: KG-12 Ultimate?

Moderator: AdminGroup

1sascha

And another suggestion/request: KG-12 Ultimate?

Postby 1sascha » Sun Jan 22, 2023 15:08

I sometimes wish I'd be back on my old KG-12 Evo when I fly WW2 stuff... love the shape, look and feel of the grip - and its "period correctness" :D Sounds silly, but there's just nothing like flying a 109 or 190 and having the same grip in your virtual cockpit as the real one sitting on/hanging from your desk.

But it's hard to go back to one hat (with no push) and four buttons (not gonna count the Evo's base-buttons since this is a GF-request) once you got used to the plethora of buttons and hats on the MCG Pro.

So my question is: Are there any plans for a KG-12 Ultimate, perhaps made from metal? More importantly, with added functions? I could definitely see this thing gain an index-finger button/3-way hat on the top right side of the grip, an additional pinky button, a push for the hat-switch or perhaps even a second hat-switch. There are so many historical versions of this grip that one could probably cobble together some sort of Frankenstein-version based on real designs to get more functionality out of the grip without sacrificing too much of its historical flair/look. For example: There were LW grips that included a gun-mode selector switch on the left side - pretty sure those were used at least in the Hs-129 ground attacker.

If that isn't feasible without compromising the KG-12's look or handling... how about a more modern, post-WW2 Russian copy of the design or perhaps an F-4 Phantom-based grip? Kinda like the Virpil WarBRD grip which offers a bit more functions but still looks pretty vintage.

S.

AeroGator

Re: And another suggestion/request: KG-12 Ultimate?

Postby AeroGator » Fri Jan 27, 2023 13:55

It is quite tempting indeed. As a hobby enthusiast I would support it with all my heart :) but as a business project I'm afraid it will be very difficult to return the investment. Sadly, it would take roughly the same time, and cost roughly the same money, to develop a modern/space age grip, and to make a new KG. Guess what is going to be more in demand.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

1sascha

Re: And another suggestion/request: KG-12 Ultimate?

Postby 1sascha » Mon Jan 30, 2023 14:23

Yeah... even without your, undoubtedly, more detailed insight into the business and market, it really seems to me that ATM the space-sim community is what's truly driving demand for mid to high-end peripherals and us fixed-wing, vintage sim-enthusiasts (or even the DCS-crowd) are in the minority.

Perhaps some sort of upgrade to the regular KG-12 at some point in the future then... I mean... you guys *are* on version 2 of that grip already, so ... :)

S.

Return to “General discussions”