Suggestion/request: Color coded springs?

Moderator: AdminGroup

1sascha

Suggestion/request: Color coded springs?

Postby 1sascha » Sat Jan 07, 2023 15:31

Having juggled around with my GF's springs a bit over the last few weeks, I thought I'd request/suggest this.

Since these things are pretty hard to tell apart, I'm currently keeping notes as to what springs I have installed, but I think I already messed up there, forgetting to update my notes after one change, even though I was sure what I had on there. But the spring I just had to take off my X-axis definitely didn't feel like the 30A I had noted down - it was probably more like a 40A.

In any case: It would be nice to either have:

1. All springs color coded/coated from the factory. Like white for 10A, green for 20, yellow for 30, red for 40 and black for 50 ... or something like that.

Like here:

or

2. The included black rubber sleeves color- and/or number-coded so that users can do their own "labeling" of their springs. Just put a "10" on some of them, a "20" on some, etc. Or simply include some in five different colors.

Of course, I would prefer the more idiot-proof solution 1. :D

S.

fallout9

Re: Suggestion/request: Color coded springs?

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 21:38

Colored springs has been tested, but it's not working as the paint would eventually chip and get stuck inside the base.
Keeping springs in their original, labeled baggies and having different colors on sleeves so the user would know which spring is installed makes more sense. Thanks for the suggestion!

Return to “General discussions”