Three more holes in NXT EVO base-plate

Moderator: AdminGroup

EDL

Three more holes in NXT EVO base-plate

Postby EDL » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:14

It would be VERY handy if there were holes in the Gladiator NXT EVO (and OTA) base-plate to allow access to the dry clutch adjustments.
This would allow adjustments without having to remove and re-install the plate.

I realize this plate may also be used for previous generation products.
The additional holes should not have any effect on those products (except possible confusion about why they are there).
A note could be included with products that don't have the clutches saying they are only for use in products WITH clutches,
and can be ignored in products without them.

The new holes may not have to be labeled on the plate itself.
The existing documentation describes the clutches very well, indicating there are two for the Y-axis and only one for the X-axis.
It should be possible to identify which holes serve which purpose by comparing with the existing documentation pictures.
Of course labels (etched or stamped) on the plate would be preferable.
These markings would not need to be complex. A simple "X" or "Y" near each hole would probably be sufficient.
A line connecting the two Y-axis holes would make identification even easier.

I find myself making fairly frequent adjustments of the clutches (on left and right sticks) as I am still fine tuning initial set-up.
If the clutches relax with use, this may be a long-term issue.
Making this easier for the customer will be greatly appreciated.

fallout9

Re: Three more holes in NXT EVO base-plate

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:03

Thank you for the suggestion!

1sascha

Re: Three more holes in NXT EVO base-plate

Postby 1sascha » Sun Jan 15, 2023 15:26

This sort of thing would be even more handy on the Gunfighter's dust-cover. Getting to the clutches and manipulating them while the stick is in a similar position/config as it is when everything is mounted and "ready to fly" is *quite* the operation for me with the GF mounted underneath the UCM base-plate. Probably not as big a deal with the stick in desktop config or with the gimbal mounted sitting on top of a mount's base-plate, but in the "hanging underneath" position, there's quite a bit of work involved.

Having two access holes in the dust-cover would help speed up this operation tremendously - but I'm not sure if the addition of such holes would be physically possible.

S.

Return to “General discussions”