Quick questions regarding WWII throttle on THQ

Moderator: AdminGroup

Grumble

Quick questions regarding WWII throttle on THQ

Postby Grumble » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:53

Is it possible to buy a THQ module with the WWII handle as a pre-built, single unit? I already have the mount, a THQ, the SEM and the FSM-GA, but would like to add a WWII THQ without buying anything extraneous.

I already have a Gladiator NXT (upgraded with EVO gimbal), SEM, THQ, FSM-GA & T-Rudder pedals. If I was to add another THQ with the WWII throttle handle, would I also need to buy a USB controller (HID-Main)? If so, where do I fit it? In the existing THQ, in the new THQ, or in the SEM, which is currently connected to the FSM-GA?

Thanks for any advice, I want to make sure I order the right parts in one go.

fallout9

Re: Quick questions regarding WWII throttle on THQ

Postby fallout9 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:17

If you want an independent THQ+WWII German Throttle you will need to get the following:
1. THQ;
2. WWII German Throttle;
3. GNX HID Controller.
You could put them together as shown in this guide.

If you plan to add the new THQ+WWII German Throttle to your THQ+SEM+FSM unit you don't need the GNX HID Controller (considering that the THQ+SEM+FSM is acting as an independent unit, meaning not connected to the Gladiator/ have its own GNX HID Controller).

Grumble

Postby Grumble » Mon Dec 05, 2022 21:25

Thank you for getting back to me.

To clarify, I have the Gladiator NXT (with Evo gimbal) and the existing SEM, THQ and FSM-GA are all connected to the Gladiator, as one big hotas. The SEM is on the LH side of the EVO, and the THQ is on the LH side of the SEM. The FSM is connected to the SEM with the mount. This single unit works best for me and means that every control falls easily to hand in VR.

If I was to add a second THQ (with the WWII German throttle) on the LH side of the existing THQ, will I need an additional GNX HID controller as well? I want to make sure I get everything together so that it will all work together as planned, without buying the additional controller if it isn't necessary.

Thanks again.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:20

No module(s) connected to a Gladiator NXT/EVO would need a GNX HID Controller.

Grumble

Postby Grumble » Thu Dec 08, 2022 14:47

Thank you for confirming that, very much appreciated.

I'll order the parts, and set up as per the video you linked to.

Currently the NXT, the existing THQ and the FSM are all showing as sub-address 1, and the SEM is showing as sub-address 4 in Usercfg. (I think this was due to setting the flaps control as 4 buttons with the detent, instead of 2 buttons or an axis).

Should I still go ahead as per the video, and set the new THQ with the WWII handle to sub-address 4, or will this cause a conflict somewhere, or a shortage of axes?

Thanks.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 17:17

The THQ has to be on Sub4, otherwise it won't recognize the German throttle. There will be no conflict having the THQ and SEM both on Sub4.

Grumble

Postby Grumble » Fri Dec 09, 2022 13:32

Perfect, thank you again for your help, very much appreciated.

Return to “General discussions”