North American distributor

Moderator: AdminGroup

WangoTango

North American distributor

Postby WangoTango » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:18

Is there one ? Or are there plans for one ?

blatherman

Re: North American distributor

Postby blatherman » Mon Nov 14, 2022 17:00

WangoTango

Postby WangoTango » Mon Nov 14, 2022 18:53

This distributor ships from China don't they ? It is the shipping and Canadian import duties that make the VKB products expensive to own.
2 years ago I bought the Gladiator K SCG Premium. When all was said and done, it cost me $367 Canadian.
The WWII Throttle I want is listed at $6 USD less than the stick was when I bought it.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:39

If there'd be a cheaper way to provide products in US and Canada we'd go for it, but at this moment nothing beats shipping from China.
Holding a local warehouse in US would mean that all the products would become 30% more expensive, in order to reflect the importing taxes US applies for China and this automatically affect Canada too.
We looked for a long time into opening a Canadian store, but the products would still be taxed before selling to individuals; adding logistic costs to the whole thing it would make the product even more expensive for Canadian people than it is now :(
This is extremely frustrating for us too, because we're always trying to keep our products affordable - we've never increased the prices, for example, even if parts and labor are getting more expensive these days; it's so sad to see shipping and taxes adding so much to the product price, but unfortunately there's nothing we could do about it.

WangoTango

Postby WangoTango » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:05

Understandable. The products are priced more than fair. Even the shipping is not outrageous considering it's coming from China. But The Canadian Governent is not satisfied with %13 tax, they need to take another bite. And the worst part is you cannot see how the extra duty charges are calculated.
Computer related products are suppose to have a 0% duty rate.
As I said, I was charged and extra $56 in duty charges last time. Bringing the total cost of the Gladiator K SCG Premium to $367.

It's a shame, as your products are vastly superior to the mid range Logitech and Thrustmaster offerings.

WangoTango

Postby WangoTango » Fri Nov 18, 2022 23:05

Well, good news. Fedex called, I had to pay my %13 usually taxes, and only a $10 handling fee. A pleasant surprise, I was expecting it to be more.

Now time to discuss getting T Rudder Pedals, with the Minister Of Finance (my wife).

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:36

Good to know :) And good luck with negotiations, I'd recommend the suit and candles over dinner approach better than a covert operation :))

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sun Nov 20, 2022 19:56

Yeah, SWHMO seems to have a sixth sense seeing thru those... (not the original poster mentioning it, just commenting from my own experience). Buy her something first, or support her in something first. (Not trying to make my wife sound either mercenary or selfish - we all like nice things/treatment.)
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

WangoTango

Postby WangoTango » Sun Nov 20, 2022 20:24

Pedals ordered. The Minister Of Finance is an easy touch. :D

WangoTango

Postby WangoTango » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:54

WWII Throttle arrived in 5 days from China to Ontario, Canada (over a weekend too) I'm impressed. I think Fedex is the way to go.

Return to “General discussions”