Gladiator NXT Not Recommended

Moderator: AdminGroup

Investdude

Gladiator NXT Not Recommended

Postby Investdude » Thu Sep 08, 2022 21:38

Is there any way I could exchange my Gladiator NXT for an old Gladiator II? I'm very disappointed in the NXT. While the hardware is fabulous, the software is totally, completely, incomprehensible and impossible for the average person to use. I have been trying for 6 months to get my NXT working in several games and have failed completely. I cannot recommend this stick as the software renders it useless.

I understand that the Gladiator II had no software, worked perfectly out of the box and could be programmed using games internal settings. That would make much more sense. My only alternative now seems to be to try to sell my NXT on line.

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT Not Recommended

Postby fallout9 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 0:44

Both Gladiator MKII and Gladiator NXT could be used without even downloading the native software, if you hate it so much. They only need calibration, in order to get properly used in games and you could do a cold calibration WITHOUT the native software.
Just to make myself clear: you don't need any software to get the joystick running in games, nothing to prepare the joystick, nothing to run in the background, nada. Not sure where you got stuck while using the software, but you could skip that part completely. Or at least ask about it before making such drastic statement.

skarekrow

Postby skarekrow » Fri Sep 09, 2022 17:16

Hate you had problems with your NXT.
I have been very happy with mine. The software to me is very flexible in that it is very easy for a novice techy such as me who just calibrates the stick from time to time for grins and giggles or it can be advanced enough for those wishing to program buttons and switches to infinity and beyond.
Just treated myself to upgrade my NXT to the EVO gimbal with the VKB EVO gimbal kit for the NXT and am looking forward to this upgrade.
In future if you are having problems I highly recommend using this tech forum "first" for troubleshooting, the tech and community support is outstanding.

Investdude

Postby Investdude » Sat Sep 10, 2022 21:57

I can't find the thread but I made a post previously asking about programing the buttons and was told that VKB "strongly advised against just programming in the game but recommended programing with the VKB software." So I tried to do that but found it to be impossible. With the advice provided by fallout9 I did a Cold Calibration and programmed in the game, FSX, and it seems to be working fine. Sorry for the rant but I was frustrated, having been misled by that previous post.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 23:10

All good, happy to hear you're back to flying.

Return to “General discussions”