Is my module configuration possible?

Moderator: AdminGroup

ethantendie

Is my module configuration possible?

Postby ethantendie » Wed Sep 07, 2022 0:23

Hello,

So I recently purchased the Gladiator and I'm really loving it. I'd like to get some more modules and I've been researching mounting options. I've come up with a configuration I would like to do but I'm not sure if it's possible.

I would like to put the Gladiator and the FSM on a Stronghold mount, and put the SEM and THQ on the MFH. Both of these setups would be their own USB connection, so two connections in total.
How would I go about configuring this? From what I can tell, the only way to connect anything to the Gladiator is by taking off the side panel. Also, I believe the FSM can only connect via USB-C, so there's not really a way for that to go straight into the Gladiator. Similarly, would it be possible to chain the SEM and THQ?

Worst case scenario, can I just put all modules into a USB hub using the USB controller and have them all work that way?

Let me know! Thanks!

fallout9

Re: Is my module configuration possible?

Postby fallout9 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:05

Hi!
You could find here some suggestions of mixing the NXT modules.
At this time there is no official solution to help attaching the NXT modules to the UCM system. Pretty easy to do though, if you have access to a drill and would be willing to drill 2 holes into one of the UCM front brackets, so you could attach the modules. The MFH is incompatible with the UCM system.
If you plan to get THQ or SEM modules installed by attaching them to the EVO, then you won't need any other parts (FSM-GA can't get directly connected to a NXT/EVO). If you plan to run the modules independently you'll need a GNX HID Controller. Please also note that both THQ and SEM come in 2 versions, depending on how you want to install them: desktop position or vertical position.

ethantendie

Postby ethantendie » Wed Sep 07, 2022 17:35

Thanks for the response! I hadn't even thought about what was compatible with the UCM... Thank you for pointing that out.
Are there any modules that are able to mount on the UCM without modification? I was under the impression that there were mounting points on the column but maybe those horizontal slats are just for support?

Not to mention, even if they did mount on there, I believe the only way I can connect a module to the joystick is by using the coupler and plugging it in that way...

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:18

We'll have at some point hardware for attach the NXT modules to the UCM, but I can't provide a certain date.
You could use a module independently, not necessarily connected to the joystick, by upgrading it with a GNX HID Controller.

Return to “General discussions”