Noob Question

Moderator: AdminGroup

Voltus

Noob Question

Postby Voltus » Wed Aug 17, 2022 15:31

Hi!
I am seeting up the GNXT Premium Stick with a SEM and a THQ with WWII throttle. I bought the USB HID controller, but i am wondering if i need to use it?

I saw a vid from VKB they did the THQ+SEM+GNX and just used the 4 pins? but they didnt have the WWII throttle.

Can i Just Daisy chain them all with the 4 pin connectors to the GNX and use the single USB from GNX to PC?? I was told i would need the HID controller but im not sure how it fits into the loop? Do i use it to hook up the THQ to the SEM and 4 pin from SEM to GNX?

Just wanna know if:
1. Do i even need to use the USB controller?
2. If so - do i use it to connect the THQ to the SEM and the 4 pin from SEM to GNX?
3. Do i have to use 2 USB to PC?

If possible i wouild prefer to just use one USB cable to the PC.

Want to hook em up as efficiently as possible.

fallout9

Re: Noob Question

Postby fallout9 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 23:59

The GNX HID Controller is needed only if your unit has only NXT modules and no Gladiator NXT/EVO. If you'll try to connect a module carrying a GNXT HID Controller to a Gladiator NXT/EVO it won't work.
For your available parts you have 3 options:
- run with the Gladiator NXT as a single device and the THQ + SEM + GNX HID Controller as an independent device (you'll have 2 USB devices);
- run with the modules connected to the Gladiator NXT; in this case the modules will be connected with the 4 wires cable and the Gladiator to module by the 3 wires cable (you'll have a single USB device);
- attach the SEM + THQ, with one of them carrying the GNX HID Controller, to the Gladiator NXT, but don't interconnect them (you'll have 2 USB devices).
Hope this makes sense.

Voltus

Postby Voltus » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:57

yes thank you Fallout thats what I thought..

For some reason myGladiator NXT evo does not have the 3 pin that is normally used to connect to the SEM ( only one single 4 pin ) which is why i am confused i guess. There is a 3 pin in the base, but it is being used to connect the Premium grip.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:08

This is how to connect it.

Voltus

Postby Voltus » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:16

Im not sure if this is a new revision of the base, but yeah its not exactly the same as the video's and diagram. here is a pic to explain.

Edit: after looking at your link it seems i may be ok to use the 4 pin connector. ( this is how i was going to do it but with a 4 pin cable on the base.. so thank you )

Kind regards,

Volt.
Attachments
NXT insides.jpg

Return to “General discussions”