question on button configuration

Moderator: AdminGroup

llb

question on button configuration

Postby llb » Tue Aug 16, 2022 22:54

I'm trying to use d.rate functionality but I dont want to lose button as well. I did some experiments but couldnt succeed and I'm fairly new to VKB software.
I highly appreciate any recommendation.

fallout9

Re: question on button configuration

Postby fallout9 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 22:58

What are you trying to achieve, let’s start from beginning.

llb

Postby llb » Tue Aug 16, 2022 23:58

Well, I managed to get "d.rate" working and assigned it button5 on GLADIATOR NXT EVO ‘SPACE COMBAT EDITION’. It is working as intended but when I set button5 as Fix Axes/DR, I lose normal button functionality. So I wonder if I can keep it as well.
by doing that I'll be able to toggle a functionality in game with same button.
Attachments
config.png

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 0:58

The DR function will use the button at logical level, so you won't be able to use that button for anything else. If you want double function on that button 5, you could assign Tempo2 to it. That would provide you a button when short clicking on button 5 and a second button when long pressing on the same button 5. Leave the short press as it is and direct the long press to an unused button, like 41 for example. Set button 41 as DR, then activate it's logical function through Boolean (Logical 41 NOT Physical 41).
Don't forget to press Set to save the changes.

llb

Postby llb » Wed Aug 17, 2022 19:25

I tried that but it was not the desired result. :) but I figured out a way with out tempo.
First it is better to explain what I was trying to achieve so it might help others.
Lets say I assigned d.rate functionality to a button(alternate action unchecked) and as long as I keep pressing that button d.rate will be active. Also in game, I assign same button for temporary action. So basically as long as I keep pressing same button my axes will desaturated. With tempo2 either one of the buttons are active. In our example either button5 or button41 will be active.

as a solution I checked "use 2 buttons" on button5 and assigned second button to button41. Then as you said I give d.rate functionality to button41. Once I added boolean (that was the missing part in my experiments) it worked like a charm. Thanks a lot for the walkthrough.

Return to “General discussions”