Nxt evo helicopter collective adapter - would it be possible ?

Moderator: AdminGroup

hijong park

Nxt evo helicopter collective adapter - would it be possible ?

Postby hijong park » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:39

My ordered omni throttle is delivered yesterday. As helicopter and 6DOF player i love every aspects of this product, good job as always.

But i wonder would it be possible to make a modification kit or another adapter to make stick lean forward instead of sides, so it can truely be used as helicopter collectives.

Before ordering omni throttle, i tried holding my previous nxt stick base upward, but I couldn't find a way to hold it sturdy upwards (and I'm not a professional DIYer to cut metals) so I decided to order omni.

I still love using omni throttle as collective, but it will be perfect if only I can turn this into a real budget collective.

fallout9

Re: Nxt evo helicopter collective adapter - would it be possible ?

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:50

Well, you could simple turn the joystick around so the grip's head is facing forward, then bind its pitch axis to roll and roll axis to pitch in game :) The problem is that you can't rotate the grip on extension or base, so it'd be pretty awkward to hold. If you'll decide to increase your DIY skills (not Master, but at least Expert level) you could do some things in order to get the grip facing down on the OTA :)

hijong park

Re: Nxt evo helicopter collective adapter - would it be possible ?

Postby hijong park » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:51

I expect revering pitch and roll will be awkward because rotating base is located at side instead of bottom.

If I really need to do DIY i'll first need to buy an high quality e xpensive drill and cutter capable of modifying metals, that are possibly more expensive than this stick...

Return to “General discussions”