Is it possible to connect NXT Module externally to a NXT EVO joystick ?

Moderator: AdminGroup

MeatBall

Is it possible to connect NXT Module externally to a NXT EVO joystick ?

Postby MeatBall » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:50

Hello,

I wish to buy a GNX THQ and connect it to the left my NXT EVO Omnithrottle (Left handed). But I have read that it's not recommended and it's easily understandable why. So I will put it few centimeters away to avoid contact with the handle of the Omnithrottle, and I ask myself if it's possible to use this cable : https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/g ... ace-cable/
for connecting the THQ (usb side) to the NXT Base via the little hole in front of the case of the NXT Base ?

fallout9

Re: Is it possible to connect NXT Module externally to a NXT EVO joystick ?

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 18:54

Unfortunately the THQ on the left side of a left hand NXT/EVO with OTA won't work, as the throttle levers will be in the way. The cable you linked won't help either, as it could be used only to connect 2 modules. The only options you have are: extend the 3 wires cable yourself (but this is not recommended, as the module can't get secured to the joytick and you could break the cable), install it on the right side of the joystick or use a GNX HID controller and make the THQ an independent devices (in this case you'll have to secure it to your desk/mounts).

Return to “General discussions”