Purchase advice for hosas setup.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Solius

Purchase advice for hosas setup.

Postby Solius » Mon Jul 04, 2022 18:11

Hello,

I've done a bunch of reasearch on sticks to upgrade my aging X52 pro. Ideally I would like mounted dual sticks as upgrading for another desktop situation doesn't seem worth it. (Although the NXT EVO sticks look great)

From what I can tell I would be looking at:

1x Gunfighter Mk.III base + MCG Pro grip (English Labels) with twist adapter built-in
1x Gunfighter Mk.III base + Premium SCG “Kosmosima” (left-handed)

These are from the "Controller" section on European store (I live in the UK).

I have the following questions.

1. If I want to mount them, do I buy them like this or do I need to buy bases and sticks seperately? (The store shows a desktop base on the controller section. Can that be taken off and mounted on the Stronghold mount?)
2. The "UCM STRONGHOLD Short Set for Gunfighter" mount is sold out. Any idea when they are back in stock?
3. If I want to buy the mounts later, can I do that while still retaining use of my sticks on desktop? (Guess this is the same as question 1 in a way)
4. On the US store, sticks are sold either desktop OR with a short/long extender for mounting. Does that mean I need to extend my sticks to mount them (buying from Europe) ?
5. Selecting shipping to the UK, the mention of VAT disappears. How does shipping to the UK work, VAT wise?

Cheers,

S

fallout9

Re: Purchase advice for hosas setup.

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 20:24

Hi Solius, I'll try to answer your questions; let me know if you need more info:
1. Recommended to get the whole package together;
2. The short USM mounts are in stock, the website will be updated shortly;
3. Yes, you could use the joysticks on the desktop if you don't have mounts;
4. You could get extensions separately in the EU store, but only if you need them. If you'll get extensions, then the long mounts are a must;
5. With this you're at the hand of UPS - they're charging taxes very randomly it seems when it comes to UK destinations.

Solius

Postby Solius » Mon Jul 04, 2022 21:03

Hey Fallout9,

Thank you for the speedy reply.

So just to be clear, looks like it's all modular. Purchasing the packages ( Like this : https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/g ... MCG+Pro+EN) means I would be able to mount it on the USM mounts. Correct?

M

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 0:11

Definitely, nothing else needed. But don't forget to select the GF plate when you'll order the UCM. Installing the base on UCS is presented here.

Return to “General discussions”