Question about Gladiator NXT Premium vs. Standard

Moderator: AdminGroup

Creepy

Question about Gladiator NXT Premium vs. Standard

Postby Creepy » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:22

Hey Guys,
so on the Product page it says the Gladiator NXT Premium has 3 Buttons, while the Standard one has 4. Is that how it's supposed to be?

fallout9

Re: Question about Gladiator NXT Premium vs. Standard

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 20:14

The Premium version, compared with the Standard version, comes with a rapid fire trigger above the main trigger (with push and pull buttons), a ministick on A1 position (plus a spare HAT switch) and a HAT switch on C1 position (plus a spare button).

Creepy

Postby Creepy » Sun Jun 05, 2022 14:43

Then that must be a Mistake on the Website (of Flightsimcontrols /VKB-Sim Europe)

edit: image doesn't seem to work. Link:
https://imgur.com/a/ARXY7BR

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 0:06

That's actually accurate: the Standard grip has 4 buttons: A2, B1, C1 and D1. The Premium grip has only 3 buttons: A2, B1 and D1; instead of button C1 the Premium grip has a HAT Switch with 4 positions plus center push (which could also be replaced with a button, provided as spare part).

Creepy

Postby Creepy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:37

Ah, okay, now I understand it. I personally would've hoped it has 4 buttons + a clickable HAT-Switch

Funky

Postby Funky » Tue Jun 21, 2022 20:35

I feel like this could be described better...

Saying the premium version has less buttons than the standard, could put people off when it really shouldn't. It doesn't do the stick justice...

When I upgraded from the standard to the premium, I didn't mysteriously lose the thumb button at C1, it's still there. Except now it's a clickable 4 way HAT. Effectively C1 is now a cluster of 5 different buttons, just like all the other HATs.

Same for the clickable 4 way hat that gets replaced at A1... Even though it's physically removed and replaced with a controller style thumbstick... You don't lose the hat function. The button press is still there, and you can configure the thumbstick to toggle between thumbstick and hat mode (possibly even an 8 way HAT? haven't tried...) by simply holding the button for half a second. The little red dot LED is configured to blink rapidly on mine when in HAT mode for a visual indicator too :D

Creepy wrote:Ah, okay, now I understand it. I personally would've hoped it has 4 buttons + a clickable HAT-Switch

If you count the knuckle trigger (rapid fire switch), it has 5 buttons, plus 3 (or 4 if you configure the thumbstick like I did) clickable HAT switches...

Either way, You're not going to be short of buttons to press with the premium version :wink:

Return to “General discussions”