Difference between MCG Pro and MCG Ultimate

Moderator: AdminGroup

Pier

Difference between MCG Pro and MCG Ultimate

Postby Pier » Tue May 31, 2022 9:21

Hi,
What are the differences between MCG Pro and MCG Ultimate besides the aluminum body and removable analog ministicks?
A list of differences would be very helpful.

Thanks

fallout9

Re: Difference between MCG Pro and MCG Ultimate

Postby fallout9 » Tue May 31, 2022 9:42

Metal body, swappable modules, different set of switches, hand brake lever and secondary trigger more firm, 2 LEDs on the grip.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Thu Jun 02, 2022 22:43

Did you forget the sexy?

[He did. He forgot the sexy.]

It just feels sexy.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

dburne

Postby dburne » Tue Jun 07, 2022 14:55

Ultimate Grip is definitely - the ultimate! Absolutely love mine sitting atop my Gunfighter Mk III Pro.

Natalshadow

Postby Natalshadow » Fri Jun 17, 2022 18:31

Hey, I'm waiting for a restock to get one.
How long have you had yours? How is it holding up? How long did you wait to get a delivery?
Was it worth the extra cash compared to what you consider being just one tier below?

Visiting the VKB forum is *not* reassuring regarding customer service and I'd like feedback that this is worth it.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Thu Jun 30, 2022 16:30

Natalshadow wrote:Hey, I'm waiting for a restock to get one.
How long have you had yours? How is it holding up? How long did you wait to get a delivery?
Was it worth the extra cash compared to what you consider being just one tier below?

Visiting the VKB forum is *not* reassuring regarding customer service and I'd like feedback that this is worth it.

Sorry for slow reply if you were asking me, I don't check in here that often.

Any forum is going to magnify extreme voices, both on the dissatisfied and satisfied sides. The majority of the bell curve just isn't that vocal. And the majority of the complaints I read seem to be more related to response time of the European distributor, vs. HQ.

Very pleased with mine still. Received it from the very first batch of Ultimates whenever that was, so I'm sure timeline wouldn't be material to now (post COVID sucky supply chain world). Swapped out one of the analogs for a 5-way due to personal preference, messed around with the firmware to my preference, didn't even necessarily follow all the "rules" (hadn't calibrated the extra analog axes in the removed control before swapping, things like that). I'm not even on the latest firmware by a long shot because it seems to be working just fine. Still feels and looks great, much better than the MCG Pro I had before (for which I had no complaints really also, aside from perhaps the flip-up trigger feeling a tad mushy after a year or so, the Ultimate just feels better).

Would still buy a Kosmo Ultimate for left hand as soon as I see one announced.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Return to “General discussions”