How much better is the NXT EVO than the older NXT?

Moderator: AdminGroup

VoltKraken

How much better is the NXT EVO than the older NXT?

Postby VoltKraken » Sun May 22, 2022 4:42

Is it worth getting 2 EVO upgrade kits?

PranQster

Re: How much better is the NXT EVO than the older NXT?

Postby PranQster » Wed May 25, 2022 8:07

Get the EVO upgrade kit if you only care about the dry-clutch feature and ball bearing gimbal. If you want the newer circuitry and toggle switch, then the upgrade kit won't do.
I upgraded my NXT with the base from an EVO KG12 WWII stick. I have not touched the dampening screws, so I can't speak upon that feature. The bearings provide a tad more smoothness when moving the stick, and it's slightly less audible then my left hand NXT. Since my original NXT base was pretty smooth, I really emphasize the words 'tad' and 'slightly' in the previous sentence. But there was an improvement.
Also, I was not using both rotary encoders on a regular basis and appreciate that one of them is now a (on)/off/(on) toggle. But that requires a full EVO joystick to get the new toggle, ATM. Perhaps at some time VKB will offer the full EVO base, including electronics.
Right now I'm trying to justify ordering an f-14 EVO stick so I can put the base on my omnithrottle. At the moment I'd prefer to get a full EVO base, if it was available, and order the F-14 grip at a future date.

Return to “General discussions”