Force Feedbacl MK4 maybe?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Eddie

Force Feedbacl MK4 maybe?

Postby Eddie » Fri May 20, 2022 22:42

With the apparent expertise of VKB engineers, why can't they build us a FF stick? Surely it can be done. I would buy it right now. Is there a reason for NOT building one for us? Anyone from VKB? Thanks all...take care...Eddie.

Eddie

Re: Force Feedbacl MK4 maybe?

Postby Eddie » Sat May 21, 2022 22:35

Is my question so out of the norm that it warrents no response? Is a Force Feednack joystick a dead issue? Plenty of FF wheels etc for driving sims, why not for flight simmers? If I could get a VKB stick with the type of Force Feedback I have in my MSFF 2, there would be NO other Joystick to consider for any reason. At least no other reason I can think of. Anyone? fallout9? Thanks all...take care...Eddie.

Jack Mcslay

Postby Jack Mcslay » Sun May 22, 2022 19:04

There is a manufacturer making FFB bases, although for a hefty price and designed for thrustmaster-standard sticks https://youtu.be/GcmZB5-oGEU

Apparently there were patent issues because some douchebag decided to patent troll the industry in such way that sub-$100 FFB joysticks became nonviable, resulting in the existing FFB joysticks disappearing which resulted in very few games supporting it, resulting in no major manufacturer offering them.

Even back then, the only big names I know were making them were Logitech and Microsoft, I couldn't find any old Thrustmaster joystick with FFB support. If they are to make it, then VKB should be making a developer program offering joysticks free or at a discount to developers making space or flight sims (or mech sims, why not?), and try contacting developers of games such as Kerbal Space Program, XPlane, Elite: Dangerous to see if they're interested.

On that note, they should have a FFB gladiator as well, first that it would be much more straightforward to implement because it's not required to have heavy-duty components and it would be much easier to convince developers to develop for it when it isn't restricted to gamers with high budgets for their sim rigs, I would not expect a FFB gunfighter base to be any lower than U$600

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:26

Sorry Eddie, but there's nothing to comment on this subject at the moment. We won't be making announcements on new products until they're production ready.

Return to “General discussions”