Can I activate the LED when axis boundry is hit?

Moderator: AdminGroup

BrightShadow

Can I activate the LED when axis boundry is hit?

Postby BrightShadow » Tue May 17, 2022 12:25

Ive been playing with the RGB LED of my new Gladiator NXT EVO Premiums, and have it illuminate differently when off center, but I'd really like to be able to have it shine a color when I hit the maximum boundary of the axis. This way I have a visual indicator to help me ensure I am at max throttle. I'm not sure if this is something currently doable in the software, or if it needs to be added.

I'd also love to use the lower LEDs in conjunction with the central lever in the base. You have the options for On or Off or Flashing, but being able to set brightness based on how far the lever (or a joystick) is pushed would also be an appreciated function. Thank you for any help you guys can provide! :D

fallout9

Re: Can I activate the LED when axis boundry is hit?

Postby fallout9 » Tue May 17, 2022 23:20

You could assign a button at the top end (or buttons at both ends) of your throttle axis from the Axis2Buttons panel, then assign a LED to that button.
Let me know if more info is needed.

BrightShadow

Postby BrightShadow » Wed May 18, 2022 1:22

Yes please give me some more details if you would. I found Axis2Buttons panel, but im not exactly sure what im doing there. Not sure what edges1 and 2 are, or how to make it function as I would like. I tried a couple things but nothing worked for me. Thank you so much for your assistance with this!!

P.S: I would like it at both ends of the Axis. My plan is to illuminate the red LED on the base when the axis hits its boundary on either end. All three axis would be preferred.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed May 18, 2022 5:16

I'll do the walkthrough for the Y axis, it should be the same for any other axis, if you'd like to apply it further:
- identify the name of the axis in the Test/Axes1 panel by moving the axis - our axis is Axis Y;
- identify the number of the axis in Profile/Axes/Logical Axes (photo 1): our axis is axis number 2;
- in Profile/Axes2Buttons we'll set up Axis nr. 2 as Edges2, Num1, Hysterezis 3%, sent to button 41 (and automatically 42 for the other end of the axis);
- in Global/External/LEDs we'll replace the first External Event in the list with Physical Button, with button 41 for OP1 on LED# 10 (the RGB LED) with LED mode Constantly and Color 1 set up;
- we'll similarly set up the other button, 42; could get the same LED color or different;
- press Set button to save changes.

f1.png

f2.png

f3.png

BrightShadow

Postby BrightShadow » Wed May 18, 2022 6:16

Thank you so so much! This has been invaluable. I hope others who think of setting their LEDs in this way, find this info. Great stuff!

BrightShadow

Postby BrightShadow » Wed May 18, 2022 7:32

If anyone is interested I am posting the profile for a left and right Gladiator NXT EVO Premium.
The Changes:
The RGB LED and base station LEDs default off.
When the stick is moved the LED turns Green.
When the stick hits an axis boundary (any of the three) the LED Flashes Green.
Also when the stick hits an axis boundary, the Red LED at the base illuminates.
When the Right Trigger is pulled the LED rapidly flashes Red, Purple if fully pressed.
When the Left Trigger is pulled the LED rapidly flashes Yellow, Blue if fully pressed.

Gladiator LED Profiles.zip
Profiles with LED behavior changes for the Gladiator NXT EVO Premiums
(4.34 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Return to “General discussions”