Gladiator NXT EVO OTA Purchase Question.

Moderator: AdminGroup

SimerMan

Gladiator NXT EVO OTA Purchase Question.

Postby SimerMan » Sat Apr 16, 2022 14:33

Hi everyone,

I just have a question about purchasing the Gladiator NXT EVO with OTA if anyone has already purchased it.

If you purchase it, can you take the OTA off and use the it like a regular stick?

Sorry if this has already been answered but I was unable to find anything on the site that stated as such.

Hope you all have a great day.

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT EVO OTA Purchase Question.

Postby fallout9 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 19:37

You need the straight tail connector/twist module (officially called left or right hand GunFighter SCG to GNX conversion kit).

mobbmann

Re: Gladiator NXT EVO OTA Purchase Question.

Postby mobbmann » Mon May 09, 2022 22:20

Its pretty easy to swap out, which I can personally confirm. I will say that I would encourage you to check for tightness of the screws at the base of extension, since if they are loose creates a sort of "flex" that can affect your inputs.

I've included a link to the post I made and the exceprt from said post in these forums to help so you dont have to troubleshoot yourself, the issues I found are toward the bottom of the first page and itemized. Once I resolved them it worked as I intended for star citizen.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6594

mobbmann wrote:I figured out what the issues were and managed to resolve all of them after a complete disassembly. Yes, I said issues plural, I'll go through them one by one:

1st Problem
There was Physical play in the Y axis when I would move the throttle up, it was causing a sort of rubber band effect/drifting of the throttle value. Upon inspection all the screws including the handle, gimbal and internals were loose. The screws closest on the bottom closest to the grip were very loose.

Solution:
I tightened the screws using the tips of my fingers on the screwdriver, about the same tension you would on a cpu water block for all screws in the handle and base including the gimble. After wards the rubber band/drifting was gone.

2nd Problem:
Jittering throttle value by about 1% to 2%. Upon disassembly the Y axis magnet literally fell out and rolled across my desk...winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Solution:
I used a little bit of krazy crazy glue and reseated the magnet and the jittering was gone. Here is a video of how to disassemble and fix this issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j17qWC2RCx0

3rd Problem:
The bottom Y axis leg for the spring was catching on the X axis lockout plate causing the leg to get stuck. There was an extra plastic protrusion on the bottom leg that didnt match with my other stick.

Solution:
I used side cutters and snipped most of the extra plastic off the bottom leg, then used a small file to make it match my other stick i was using as a reference. The leg no longer catches on the X axis lockout plate.

4th Problem:
Calibration errors due to axis not being centered.

Solution:
You have to center the axis before calibration or it will not calibrate properly, worst case scenerio from what I saw is youll only have half your range. An easy way to avoid this complication is to simply calibrate with spring installed so it automaticaly centers itself, after calibration remove the spring on the axis if your going to use it as a throttle.

Conclusion:
The performance of the left Gladiator omni throttle now matches the right gladiator stick I own. The fact that I was able to resolve these issues is a testament to the serviceability of these flight sticks. I hope this helps anyone else who might be having issues with their omni throttle or gladiator stick. One other thing that might help, I found around 3 to 3 1/2 turns on both Y axis clutch screws was good for holding the throttle in place without the weight of my hand shifting it but not being too stiff either. Big thanks to Fallout, and whoever that guy who made the magnet replacement video.

Best,
Mobbmann.

Hope this helps

Return to “General discussions”