Purchase Advice

Moderator: AdminGroup

LtFuzzy

Purchase Advice

Postby LtFuzzy » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:11

Greetings, I am in the market for a new HOTAS and just discovered VKB-SIM. The reviews of these products are impressive and this forum seems like great support. I mostly play games like Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen & Microsoft Flight Sim. My Thrustmaster T.16000 FCS HOTAS worked OK, especially with the aftermarket bearing set I installed in the throttle, but I am now ready to get something better. My casual play does not deserve the very best, but I would like to get the best bang for the buck. YouTube videos suggest that the Gunfighter sticks are the very best for hardcore, but I am 75 and not the quickest shot anyway. I think the Gladiator series would work fine, since I also use a wheel & pedals for other games like racing sims. So, my question is what models of Gladiator stick and suitable throttle should I purchase? Thanks and appreciate your advice.

fallout9

Re: Purchase Advice

Postby fallout9 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:14

The Gladiator NXT EVO with SCG/Kosmosima grip would fit casual playing and definitely beyond that. It is a modular system, which could get upgraded with various NXT modules.
A second Gladiator NXT EVO left hand OTA would also make for a great throttle. It's advantage over classic throttles would be that it offers 3 full analog axes instead of only 1 for translational motion (strafe up/down, strafe fwd/bwd, strafe left/right), very useful in space sims like E:D or SC; in combination with another EVO for right hand/ rotational motion (pitch, roll, yaw) it makes a great 6DOF setup.

Return to “General discussions”